MSI GTX 780 Gaming $420 AR HOT! (Pay with Masterpass)

Need to specify Masterpass... I'm getting sick of all these new competing instant payment programs, personally. I don't want to give out my information and sign up to a new system to save a little money temporarily while they try to tempt people into signing up. No thanks, that is not a deal to me.

edit: but of course its a hot deal if you don't care about that, get over yourselves fellas I wasn't commenting on 420 for a 780... obviously that's hot.

Last edited:
Need to specify Masterpass... I'm getting sick of all these new competing instant payment programs, personally. I don't want to give out my information and sign up to a new system to save a little money temporarily while they try to tempt people into signing up. No thanks, that is not a deal.

Saving $50 for checking out with Masterpass which is run by Mastercard and accepts any credit card is not a deal?

Need to specify Masterpass... I'm getting sick of all these new competing instant payment programs, personally. I don't want to give out my information and sign up to a new system to save a little money temporarily while they try to tempt people into signing up. No thanks, that is not a deal.

Not a deal to you, in your opinion, but there are quite a few other individuals on this forum that would have to respectfully disagree, this includes me. It's a annual/monthly fee free service that will more than likely continue to grow worldwide. I know I'd probably end up signing up for it eventually like I did with PayPal and Amazon, why not get a $50 bonus for doing so?

Just my two cents, I bought a different GTX 780 for $450 using this promo code, great deal! It comes in today :cool:

Great find WinSome.... Requiem, no offense but just because you don't want to save 50 bucks for a 3 minute sign up doesn't mean this isn't a hot deal

That's right, I said not a deal to me. That's how it goes when you post your opinion on a forum. Thanks for pointing that out.

edit: The wording has been changed to reflect a general preference for flaming over reading.

Thanks - didn't get this card but re-ordered my 770 with masterpass and got another $34 off. $301 shipped for a high-end 770.

That's right, I said not a deal to me. That's how it goes when you post your opinion on a forum. Thanks for pointing that out.

edit: The wording has been changed to reflect a general preference for flaming over reading.

Except you didn't say "to me" originally. You said it wasn't a deal.

Nice try though.

[L]imey;1040460582 said:

Nice try though.

Exactly, thank you.

[L]imey;1040460582 said:

Nice try though.

How old are you? Obviously the "to me" was implied by the fact that the original post did not address the deal whatsoever but addressed Masterpass, and only Masterpass, and the post was edited (along with the later post) explaining both. Can we get back on topic, possibly?

That's fine, but don't act like you didn't type out "This is not a deal" originally in your first post. People reacted to that, because we disagree. If that wasn't what you meant, then you articulated it poorly. Get over yourself.

So what's the order of operations here? I'm on the masterpass website. Don't want to just sign up and not get a $50 coupon or whatever... Can someone give me the "how-to" cliff notes style?

THANKS!

So what's the order of operations here? I'm on the masterpass website. Don't want to just sign up and not get a $50 coupon or whatever... Can someone give me the "how-to" cliff notes style?

THANKS!

I didn't buy it but this is how I was able to get the deal reflected in my cart.

1. Go to masterpass website and sign up.
2. Go to NE and sign in
3. Add the card to your cart
4. check out but be sure to click the "Pay with Masterpass" button in the bottom right.
5. sign in with MP and continue checkout.
6. -$50 should be reflected in your cart when verifying before placing order.

I didn't buy it but this is how I was able to get the deal reflected in my cart.

2. Go to NE and sign in
4. check out but be sure to click the "Pay with Masterpass" button in the bottom right.

Dont forget to use the Promo code MASTERPASS on Newegg or you wont show the discount. At least it didn't for me.

2. Go to NE and sign in

The $50 didn't show up. :( Oh well, I'll screw with it, but not working for me.

edit: whoops. Like a dummy a didn't do the masterpass thing. I see the uext post now while I was doing this.

2. Go to NE and sign in

Dont forget to use the Promo code MASTERPASS on Newegg or you wont show the discount. At least it didn't for me.

The -$50 showed for me without applying the masterpass discount.

If it's still not showing simply apply the code 'masterpass' and then click the masterpass checkout option.

$519 is the normal price.

Also, the free games promo seems to be bugged at the moment, doesn't actually add anything to the cart. edit - NM they took them off.

Damnit. I have to pay sales tax at NE which is all that the MasterPass deal really covers for me.

Still, better price than I've seen anywhere else, assuming I get the rebate...

Decisions decisions decisions...

Was on the fence about getting the 780 or waiting for r290 and this deal clinched it.
By the way is this a good overclocker?

Does anyone know if you can plug 3 monitors into this card? I solved the issue in my current card, a 6970 by buying a 6570 and plugging the 3rd monitor into that. However, I was never able to do a 3 monitor eyefinity to see how that was. It only allows me to combine 2 monitors...

Does anyone know if you can plug 3 monitors into this card? I solved the issue in my current card, a 6970 by buying a 6570 and plugging the 3rd monitor into that. However, I was never able to do a 3 monitor eyefinity to see how that was. It only allows me to combine 2 monitors...

Yes you can, check out this. It's for a 680 but it applies to a 780

With the recent surge in amds card prices, it's hard to recommend it over this deal...

I've been noticing this. A 6790 on ebay are selling over $200! A few months ago they were like $100 ish. I actually saw one guy selling 2 seperate cards and he got $220 for one and $300 for the other!

Thats crazy!

this one

And this one

Thats the exact same card I have..

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I've been noticing this. A 6970 on ebay are selling over $200! A few months ago they were like $100 ish. I actually saw one guy selling 2 seperate cards and he got $220 for one and $300 for the other!

Thats crazy!

Holy flying monkeysauce!! :eek: I'd be replacing my 6970 with this too...

Yeaaahhhh sold!

Newegg is really getting awful.

Took three order attempts to get the damn thing through. First was my CC declining so that's not their fault, but 2nd order attempt took 30 minutes because of the masterpass promo code freaking out the cart. Then it auto-voids 3 minutes after I submit with no information.

3rd attempt goes through immediately and finally works! Then I get e-mails from the 2nd order number saying it's out of stock!

But 3rd order is now in 'packaging' and they've accepted it...

Seriously Newegg? This is why people hate you now. :rolleyes:

SO... if anyone tries this in the near future and gets an out of stock notification after the order is in, try it again just in case.

Man such a great deal. Been debating about it for the last hour or so. My heart was set on waiting until 20nm, but this makes it hard.

So, I have 3 Dell S2740L. will i need the adapters? I'm pretty new to the whole surround thing. I would like to experience it though!

Odd seeing this post just now as I just this second finally pulled the trigger on 3x S2740L after my sig HDTV finally went bust this week. I hope they're as awesome as some people are claiming.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
fucking newegg is still messing me up at the end here. it tells me there is problem with shoprunner but the thing i am supposed to click on to re sign into does nothing.

You keep mentioning that.
What is the deal? Did you not get the fastshipping or something of that nature?

You keep mentioning that.
What is the deal? Did you not get the fastshipping or something of that nature?
again on the very last page it will tell me to resign in to shoprunner but nothing happens when I click. I went ahead with the order and 3 day 3.99 shipping and I am in waiting in live chat now so I can tell them to give me my free 2 day shoprunner shipping.

and the wait time keeps growing. it was 42 minutes when I started and after 25 minutes of waiting it now says 49 minutes left. lol I am going backwards. and btw they have never replied to my email from 3 days ago.

Odd seeing this post just now as I just this second finally pulled the trigger on 3x S2740L after my sig HDTV finally went bust this week. I hope they're as awesome as some people are claiming.

just be careful with them, they are glass right to the edge and VERY fragile. There is no frame whatsoever around them.

Other than that I love mine

Back