MSI GTX 760 2GB OC *Help*

Krenum

Fully [H]
Hello everyone, I recently acquired a used GTX 760 OC MSI card:
https://www.msi.com/asset/resize/im....png62405b38c58fe0f07fcef2367d8a9ba1/1024.png

Having problems with it. I've installed it on two machines with the same result. After installation when I try to power the computer on all of the fans spin for a millisecond but the machine doesn't turn on. Both machines have well above the recommended 500W power source needed to run the Graphics Card with 2-6 pin connectors.

Is the card dead? Or is it not getting enough power? Have any of you encountered a similar problem? Please help. Thank you.

Last edited:
how "well above" are we talking? anything 600w+ should be good. ^ good q, whats it going into? is the bios up to date?

Both machines were built by myself, one is a i5 2500K system with a Asrock Z68 Motherboard PCI Express 3.0, latest BIOS chip installed. The other is a Intel E6600 with a Intel D975XBX2 Motherboard PCI Express 2.0 with the latest BIOS. on the 2500K system a 650W PS is being used & a 550W with the E6600.

both should run it fine so I would suspect a dead card. was it supposed to be working when you got it?

both should run it fine so I would suspect a dead card. was it supposed to be working when you got it?

Yeah, the guy said everything worked. I guess not.

Was reading about switching the BIOS to Legacy, entered the BIOS and it was already on Legacy.

shitty.
and bios is set to PEG as primary? any other systems you can test it in?

shitty.
and bios is set to PEG as primary? any other systems you can test it in?

on the 2500k system I have "Legacy" & the EUFI option: Set to "Legacy", on the e6600 system I have the PEG setting to "Auto".

only other things I can suggest is trying it in a third system and try resetting the bios. but the powering off make me think its dead. does that gpu have a dual bios switch on it? some msi do.

Back