MSI GTX 680 Lightning in stock at Newegg

Just bought 2 of them.

Next week is going to be glorious brothers. Now, to figure out WTF to do with my 690

Hope it turns out to be worth the money for you guys. The price people will pay to get another 3-4 fps is always baffling but I'm eager to hear your findings.

People buying these GPUs aren't in it for the value. They're in it for the best card $$$ can buy.

If I cared about value i'd have a 7850 or 670 ;)

Ha I knew someone would have something to say about these cards. Such a tongue in check comment.

We got unlocked cards because we want the full potential of our cards to be available to us. Ive been down the value road and if that works for your great but I was just never satisfied. I need the best single card I can get and this was it. Worth it for ME? Yes

No one is real sure just how well these cards will do yet anyways and thats a chance Im willing to take.

$600 is a bit too high, if it came with 4gb ram then it would look alot better.

Yeah I wasnt thrilled about the price either especially after Msi said msrp of $549 but Newegg has to make their money I guess.

Its not sounding good for the people that bought the Evga Classified. All sorts of troubles getting the Evbot to work right. Talks about requiring an Evga mobo to flash the Evbot to work with the classified GPU. I would be a little upset.

$600 is a bit too high, if it came with 4gb ram then it would look alot better.
Agreed I would jump at it for 550 but I think I can spend my money better with the 7970 Lighting and I get the extra 1Gig of VRAM but to each his own.

My asus top is running at 1310 without breaking a sweat. I am tempted but I got a good chip on what I have so I think I will stick with it.

Ugh $599... FINE I'll pay it. I was willing to spend $575 on a EVGA 680 FTW and by comparison this is a steal.

Feels good to have a fist full of lightning... Oh wait that's Bioshock. Would you kindly put that N680GTX Lightning in my shopping cart?? Done and done.

Not agreed.... Lightning's features are not standard on any reference video card (improved non-reference board, souped-up VRM's, custom cooling, hugely adjustable voltage) nowadays. This is really no different...

Any reviews? Overclocks to? If it is noticably faster oc then I might be interested.

2 reviews out right now, guru3d and techpowerup. The guru3d is the better of the two but I am spoiled by [H] reviews and imo not that good.

The new version of afterburner is not out yet so voltage cant be adjusted yet so the overclocks are blah. Only hitting around 1300 core.

You understand what a Premium is, right? It has nothing to do with the card itself. Re-read the quote.

You were saying that it's a shame they don't give them without one anymore... but these features have ALWAYS been a premium. Nice try.

Also, @ 1300 core, that's with no volt adjustment which is the key feature of these cards anyway. Meaningless results then so far.

You understand what a Premium is, right? It has nothing to do with the card itself. Re-read the quote.

The 7970 Lightning was $600 so there really is no difference at all. No premium for voltage. Just a premium card :)

No card without voltage adjustment will do over 1350 right now from what Ive seen and to hit 1300 fully stable is certainly nothing to frown at. But yes once the new afterburner is out things shall be interesting. Beats the hell out of paying for an Evbot that apparently doesnt work.

My original reply was to the card being unlocked, which has never, ever been a premium. The card itself sure, but unlocked voltage? And that is one of the biggest, if not the biggest selling point of this card.

Anyone know if it has the activity LEDs on the PCB like the 7970?

My original reply was to the card being unlocked, which has never, ever been a premium. The card itself sure, but unlocked voltage? And that is one of the biggest, if not the biggest selling point of this card.

But the card already was unlocked and adjusted voltage automatically when overclocking... the Lightning is extra voltage allowed with fully manual tweaking. Apples and oranges.

Back