MSI GTX 1080 TI GAMING X 11GB GDDR5X $647 in CDW Outlet

SamirD

Supreme [H]ardness
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
This is a brand new card and one of the top tier air cooled cards available. Seems like a pretty good deal to me.

Just because it's the cheapest price you can find doesn't mean it is a good deal :)

1080 ti's aren't selling even at $550 in some cases in the FS / FT... just saw a 1070 ti this morning for $315... prices are dropping and fast.

Got one for 525 gigabyte aorus. 1080ti should sell for 500-550 easy. That's a damn good deal for aftermarket 1080ti. If new cards are more expensive then I don't see 1080ti going too low. Hell if I can sell my card for 350 in a year it's a win for me lol.

So I'm not looking at the trend for if the item itself is worth buying, but how much cheaper it is than what other retailers are selling it for. And I couldn't find it for anywhere near what the CDW Outlet price is currently at. But that being said, if it's not a good deal, then it will be in a week or so when it drops in price again. :D

when is 1180 come out, that should get 1080ti drop its price again. I remember I got my evga 980ti $375 after 1080ti came out for few month.

when is 1180 come out, that should get 1080ti drop its price again. I remember I got my evga 980ti $375 after 1080ti came out for few month.

That is 1180 though. 1180 would have to be 30-50% than 1080ti for 1080ti to drop that much. I don't think that will happen. 1180ti might do that. But I am not sure if partial node shrink will give that much performance. 7nm will probably bring bigger performance bump.

Just because it's the cheapest price you can find doesn't mean it is a good deal :)

1080 ti's aren't selling even at $550 in some cases in the FS / FT... just saw a 1070 ti this morning for $315... prices are dropping and fast.

So.. "this new card isn't a deal cuz I saw a used card for less". Okie dokie.

FWIW the used F/S market here is its own bubble anyway, and you'll pretty much always see less than fair market value since buyers tend to be cheapskates, enabled by sellers that sell themselves short and don't want to deal with ebay or otherwise.

Last edited:

I actually see the opposite happening. Price on 1080 Ti will bounce, because the nervous sheep overreacting now and selling used 1080 TI's too cheaply will realize they shouldn't have.

As for 980 Ti pricing after 1080 Ti came out, that's apples v oranges since 1080 had already been out almost a year. If you wait 6-9 more months for 1180Ti in 2019, then no kidding 1080Ti will be cheaper by then.

So.. "this new card isn't a deal cuz I saw a used card for less". Okie dokie.

FWIW the used F/S market here is its own bubble anyway, and you'll pretty much always see less than fair market value since buyers tend to be cheapskates, enabled by sellers that sell themselves short and don't want to deal with ebay or otherwise.
Your conclusion from my statement shows you have no idea what my point is. Either way, I never said others had to share the same sentiment, buy the card if you think it's a great price... it's not like it is money out of my wallet.

EDIT:

Although it wasn't really part of my point, you do realize this is an outlet item right?

lol Brand new Gigabyte GV-N108TGAMING OC-11GD (3 fan 1080 ti) was sub $600 on newegg earlier this week for newsletter subscribers

OP is probably cdw salesguy desperate to off load his stock before its written off at the end of the month

OP is probably cdw salesguy desperate to off load his stock before its written off at the end of the month
I have no affiliation with CDW whatsoever. Just good at finding deals I can't buy myself so I post them here for others to enjoy. :)

I find deals at Provantage and techforless as well as others, but nothing this community would be seriously interested in, so they go to servethehome or other forums.

absolutely horrible horrible time to buy a 1080 ti. Even at $650 you're literally $150 away from being able to buy a GTX 1180, give or take a few dollars.

absolutely horrible horrible time to buy a 1080 ti. Even at $650 you're literally $150 away from being able to buy a GTX 1180, give or take a few dollars.
Yep, but where can you get an 1180 today? I'd be betting that trying to find one in stock will be like looking for a 1080Ti a few months back--next to impossible.

Not meant as a knock, but perhaps there could be another subforum for "Used Item and Outlet HotDeals?"

Not meant as a knock, but perhaps there could be another subforum for "Used Item and Outlet HotDeals?"
Why? This is a new product per manufacturer's warranty and the reseller's rules. If it was truly a used item they couldn't sell it as new.

Just last month someone did enjoy a deal like this as prices weren't coming down the way they are now:
https://hardforum.com/threads/gigabyte-gtx-1080-ti-aorus-xtreme-ed-634-in-the-cdw-outlet.1962783/

And even with that being said, I can't find this exact card in new condition for less than $750 from any truly legitimate retailer like CDW. $100 off is usually a deal in my book.

Back