MSI GeForce GTX 1060 GAMING X 6G - newegg - $370

Yes, $370 is lower that what a lot of the used 1060's are going for, and the Gaming X is among the best 1060's.

I'm struggling to wrap my head around how this is a hot deal. Obviously it's better than current market price but man it's way over MSRP.

Bitcoin took a nosedive and it looks like Newegg realizes they better drop their prices if they want to keep selling cards.

Around Feb 16th crypto is going to recover and the video card prices will remain high.

Bitcoin took a nosedive and it looks like Newegg realizes they better drop their prices if they want to keep selling cards.
Bitcoin taking a momentary dip means Newegg needs to drop prices on GPUs? Hilarious.

Supply and demand will determine when Newegg and everyone else need to change prices. As long as they're continually sold out, Newegg doesn't really 'need' to do anything - regardless of the price of Bitcoin or there's a full moon or whatever bizarre reasons people believe affects supply/demand.

Why this date? First round of tax returns? Genuinely curious.
That's probably what he is saying. My thoughts are that the people with huge volume in the crypto market, are likely selling off at the beginning of the year to secure gains that are tax differed until 2019. By selling off a large volume of coins they can make a run on the market as well [since it's highly volatile] and thus drop the overall price down, and when they buy back in they're able to secure additional yield through 2019+. Even with the price drops getting some crypto -- if you have money you're not afraid to lose -- may be advisable [though this isn't me telling you to do so] since the market could recover quickly and rise through the ceiling current predictions indicate. Think of it this way, as the internet progresses over the next 50 years, more and more international business is going to be conducted by average consumers. With these transactions, money has to change from USD to EU, etc. Wouldn't it be nice if you could have a central currency to exchange into and hold that way when it came time to purchase you would have the money in the proper conversion without third party to conduct the transaction [paypal, etc.]? I purchased a pasta machine from Italy this past winter, and it was like 3% in Paypal fees on a >$1000 purchase. If we could have had a secure transaction in crypto facilitated by something like Ripple, it may have saved some cash.

Bitcoin has dropped alot I imagine prices will come down in the short term. That being said when they do it would be a good time to buy if your in the market because historically these crashes last 3-6 months then the price jumps to the moon and things go all crazy again.

guys, where the fuck can i walk into a store today, pay retail price to buy a 1060 6gb / 1070 (ti) in southern california

literally everywhere i have called locally has nothing.

Uh huh. How much did you sell it for? I imagine you took advantage of market demand.

$400 but its all good, picked up a brand new sealed 1060 6GB EVGA SSC for $360 locally off craigslist. im good now.

Will wait till the 11 series is out to build a legit new gaming pc.

$400 but its all good, picked up a brand new sealed 1060 6GB EVGA SSC for $360 locally off craigslist. im good now.

Will wait till the 11 series is out to build a legit new gaming pc.

Glad you found a solution. Truthfully, I hope all of [H] - or almost all - finds what they need at a price that is satisfactory. Personally, I'm running a 1080 for gaming at the moment. I strongly considered a move to a 1080 ti or Titan XP...but I feel like we are still a gen away from acceptable 4k capability. I'm on 2k now (early adopter, paid in blood), so 1080 is just fine. Like most, I am going to weather the storm for GPU's.

Back