MSI Gaming N780 GeForce GTX 780 3GB $490 After $10 MIR

That MSI card went up $20...I guess Newegg got wise. The game bundles are starting to show up again as well. Website seems buggy as hell.

That said, I bit on a windforce rev 2.0 that was sitting in my cart for the past hour before the games started showing up again, lol. $50 off worked just fine. Now I guess I can stop overanalyzing benchmarks and reviews and just play some games.

I waited 3 hours for them to reply to chat and they never did. I sent email last night but I really doubt they will reply. their customer support is garbage compared to Amazon as you can always talk to someone on the phone there 24 hours a day.

you'll hear from them. they always ask if you are okay with resolution. you just have to tell them what would make you happy. if you're reasonable they will probably hook you up.

I complained about the micro center price on the 4770k and asked them to price match. they said no. I said that I wasn't happy with that. they asked what I wanted. I said how about a 15% off coupon or a $25 gift card. the next email was, " were going to offer you a $25 gift card, will that be acceptable?" I said yes and I had it in my email within an hour. I just used it to buy this card!

That MSI card went up $20...I guess Newegg got wise. The game bundles are starting to show up again as well. Website seems buggy as hell.

That said, I bit on a windforce rev 2.0 that was sitting in my cart for the past hour before the games started showing up again, lol. $50 off worked just fine. Now I guess I can stop overanalyzing benchmarks and reviews and just play some games.

I hear ya, I was obsessing over my new card for like 6 weeks!

Last edited:

I hear ya, I was obsessing over my new card for like 6 weeks!

Fucking yes.

I am the definition of over-analyze. I always end up doing weeks of research then saying 'fuck it' and just buying whatever good/cheap.

Fucking yes.

I am the definition of over-analyze. I always end up doing weeks of research then saying 'fuck it' and just buying whatever good/cheap.

Lol same here. Personally I think the research, price shopping, then overclocking is half the fun of gaming. This time I totally just jumped the gun though. Got on here after being MIA for about 1/2 yr and saw the price of 7950s and sold mine! Went with this, but would've liked an aftermarket 290 for the same price

Hah, OCD unite!

This has been a long time coming. Earlier in the year I started running out of vram in some modded games. Hemmed and hawed over an update, and put it off. I had been thinking about getting something to replace my TN panel too, after trying a few TV's last year I shelved that, until I saw the Korean PLS sets this summer. Read about them forever, finally went "fuck it" and ordered one. I got it, it was awesome, but now my video card really sucked. Did some research, hey 780's are coming out! Too expensive, lets wait. Or do I want to buy one? Nah, wait. 760 4gb sli? Almost bought...but nah. Ooh, 290x's are coming out, AMD is in consoles, lets wait for that. Oh, loud. But 780's dropped! Almost bought.. except wow, look at how good the 290's are, I bet they would be good with better cooling. Damn, look at the miners driving up the price. 780s?

Fuck it. 780. Maybe I'll get a AMD card next time, it's been a while.

I needed to pull my WC loop apart anyways, my old as hell 350/apogee drive that I bastardized into a standalone pump has been dying for a while.

Anyways, back on topic- looks like the deal is still going, although the free games keep appearing off and on. If you want in, I'd go now.

...planned for a new pc in July.
Finished everything but gpu in August (because, hey, 9000s were supposed to be just around the corner).
...got tempted by the Evga 15% coupon. But the chance own a 9800! Gotta stay strong.
...9000 didn't get released. But R series were just as good.... except it came at end of October. Where are the non-refs? Oh well, might as well wait until BF. The price on 280x may drop, if nothing else.
...0_0, litecoin
On the bright side, my initial plans of 7970 / 770 turned into 780 for about the same price.

Last edited:
I guess its a good thing the AMP! Zotac is OOS, I won't touch another MSI card unless I have to.

Funny that so many people had essentially the same thought processes (HFBallad, Chaos, etc).

Scheibler, we have remarkably similar systems.

Soda, did you have a bad experience with their customer service?

They're actually decent when it comes to RMA's, you can replace the cooler etc, problem is they shortened their warranty period and every card I have owned, the fans started to crap out after said period.

*edit just google MSI Fan Failure.

The problem seemed to have affected 500 series, so I'm guessing that majority of the problem with the fans have been fixed by now.

Placed my order over 24 hours ago and it's still "packaging", anyone else experiencing similar delays? I feel like it's never taken this long on NE orders in the past. In the chat queue for assistance but it's 170 people long.

yeah I tried again last night to use live chat but after 30 minutes my wait time had not gone down at all from the original 1.5 hour estimate. same thing with trying on the phone and they are not even doing the call back like they used to do. they still have never replied to my email either that was sent 40 hours ago. on top of that the morons sent me a mouse in an envelope instead of box. needless to say it did not survive the trip in perfect condition. if I ever get a hold of someone I am going to ape shit on them.

I don't know..I got them earlier, around 11:35am and I was chatting with a rep at 11:55am easterm time. I was like number 92 in the que... I did notice, however, that there 2 times shown. One was estimnated wait time for me and the other time they were showing was the average wait time which went up and down by a few minutes.

I don't know..I got them earlier, around 11:35am and I was chatting with a rep at 11:55am easterm time. I was like number 92 in the que... I did notice, however, that there 2 times shown. One was estimnated wait time for me and the other time they were showing was the average wait time which went up and down by a few minutes.
well I cant just sit in front of my pc and wait. several times both those times increased and after what seemed like 30 minutes I appeared to be no closer. during the day I work and only have my tablet which I get on few times depending on how busy I am.

Mine was the same, but just recently changed to "shipped." I agree it definitely took longer than I can ever remember it taking for Newegg. Was worried they ran out of stock or something.

I decided to look up what 7970's are selling for after reading this thread. :eek:

I should sell mine and upgrade!

Boboish, now that your card is on the way and is in no danger of being cancelled, you should ask Newegg about your free game bundles:)

Last edited:
After nearly an hour waiting in chat queue I got someone, only to be told that it was "scanned" and would be given to UPS soon. When pressed on when it would ship she said "maybe tomorrow or the day after." Still says "packaging" on Newegg. I was/am also afraid that they ran out of stock and I was going to be screwed, hopefully I'm good like BoBoish.

Boboish, now that your card is on the way and is in no danger of being cancelled, you should ask Newegg about your free game bundles:)

Hah! Yeah. When it gets here and if the games aren't in the box, I'll probably be contacting them. When I bought the card, it said in green on the item page that it included 3 free games. It didn't add them to my cart when I checked out though, so I don't think the certificates or whatever will actually be in there. From reading other responses, it sounds like I wouldn't have been able to check out if they had been in my cart.

Same here. It had the games included when added to cart until I applied the coupon code at which point the games were removed. I use google chrome btw. Placed my order around midnight on 12/9 and it was shipped yesterday, well they made a pickup, and today it is actually on its way

Personally, I hope my card gets sent soon (or cancelled so I can place an another order) before the rebate period is up.

Mine is on the way as well. FedEx shows the expected delivery on Saturday

well I cant just sit in front of my pc and wait. several times both those times increased and after what seemed like 30 minutes I appeared to be no closer. during the day I work and only have my tablet which I get on few times depending on how busy I am.

Yea that sucks. I work at an office and I can continue to work while waiting for them to come on...

Not sure where you live but I'm on the east coast USA and I find that between 8-9, our time, getting someone is a lot faster.

After nearly an hour waiting in chat queue I got someone, only to be told that it was "scanned" and would be given to UPS soon. When pressed on when it would ship she said "maybe tomorrow or the day after." Still says "packaging" on Newegg. I was/am also afraid that they ran out of stock and I was going to be screwed, hopefully I'm good like BoBoish.

Yea, Hopefully it will go UPS. FedEx is slow as hell... I swear I think they just hang onto your package sometimes so you don't get used to it shipping quickly. It used to be all NewEgg stuff came from UPS and it usually got here next day even with free shipping. Now, it takes nearly a week with FedEx...

Last edited:
BTW, on the order form page in account section, is the listed MSI XXX XXX XXXX the serial code for the card?

Mine finally changed to shipped, and HFBallad, I have the same 10 digit number (and formatted the same).

Hey, mine shipped as well.
On a side note, the card price seems to have dropped by $10 today. I wonder if it's possible to get those $10 by iron egg guarantee

I bought mine when it was $520 and lady I was chatting with gave me almost $30 back as GC. I would have preferred money back though. So talk to them and they should give it back.

I bought mine when it was $520 and lady I was chatting with gave me almost $30 back as GC. I would have preferred money back though. So talk to them and they should give it back.

I filed an ironegg claim. Let's see what'll happen.

Mine "shipped" yesterday. Meaning that a FedEx tracking number was created. It is shipping from a nearby state, but I doubt i'll get it until well into next week. I recently ordered a couple of hard drives from newegg and it took a solid week to ship from their NJ warehouse. I used to get stuff from there in a day or two with free shipping.

Looks like I could have gotten the MSI variant a bit cheaper had a waited, but I'm not even mad. The gigabyte I ordered has a better color scheme for my rig anyways :p

Hah! Yeah. When it gets here and if the games aren't in the box, I'll probably be contacting them. When I bought the card, it said in green on the item page that it included 3 free games. It didn't add them to my cart when I checked out though, so I don't think the certificates or whatever will actually be in there. From reading other responses, it sounds like I wouldn't have been able to check out if they had been in my cart.

I'd be curious to see if that worked. I had to refresh my cart to get the free games to go away so I could go through with masterpass. I already own 2 of the 3 free games, but I wouldn't say no to vouchers I could sell/give to friends :)

Yea I just got a $10 gift card because of the new $30 instant discount!

How? Newegg chat or what? What did you say?

I just filed an iron egg gaurantee. Not only did I miss out on the $20 rebate since MSI goes by "purchase date" rather then "invoice date", I also missed another $10 in instant savings

Last edited:
Nice.
I hope my ironegg goes through, as well.

On a side note... my shipping is now labeled "Exception" :(

How? Newegg chat or what? What did you say?

I just filed an iron egg gaurantee. Not only did I miss out on the $20 rebate since MSI goes by "purchase date" rather then "invoice date", I also missed another $10 in instant savings

yes NewEgg chat. It is already in my email and they said I could just put it toward my preferred account balance!

I have to say I really don;t understand all the NewEgg customer support trash talking. A little patience and I have never been disappointed by newegg. in fact my only real b!+ch about them is the new shipping method is SOOOO much slower than it used to be. And FedEx Tracking sucks. I've had one item left California on the 6th and tracking has not updated since and it supposed to be delivered today. UPS hits pot hole and they update the tracking!

Last edited:
Back