MSI gaming laptop screwing around with rebate - suggest another laptop?

MSI GF63 8RD-088
  • GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB GDDR5
  • Intel Core i7 8th Gen 8750H (2.20 GHz)(6 core)
  • 16 GB Memory 1 TB HDD 256 GB SSD
  • 15.6" 1920 x 1080 eDP IPS-Level 45% NTSC
  • 14.13" x 9.99" x 0.85" 4.10 lbs.
  • 1 x HDMI (4K @ 30Hz)
  • 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C
  • 3 x USB 3.1 Gen 1
  • Win 10 Home
$899 + tax

When i ordered I swear it said 30 day rebate as well as 30 day money back garuntee/return, but now it is 21 day rebate (postmarked) from date of sale. Add in 3 days to ship (over the weekend) and shipping that arrived 15 miles from my house, was shipped about 400 miles away for 3 days, then back to where it had just been, then delivered. So I get about 9 days (7 after problems with the system).

I'm contacting Newegg and MSI and see what they say, if they aren't helpful, it's goig back w/o any question. If they don't want a new customer, I'll stick with the good old standby's.

I want a system with m.2 (NVME compatible would be very nice) and standard 2.5 sata for large storage.
Backlit keyboard
touchscreen would be nice
I like Linux, so would be fine w/o MS OS. IDK if MS RDP is more secure than somethign like teamviewer or other screen sharing tools, if it is, then maybe i'd like Win 10 Pro.
I don't game, so graphics isn't a major issue. I do more multimedia editing/creating, lots of web browsing/research, LOTS of typing (so a GOOD keyboard is key).

Anyone have any suggestions? Should I check out Best buy, staples, Costco and see how the keyboards are for those systems to get an idea from the manufacturer? I'm used to business class laptops (old ones, like 6-10 years old, but they were really nice, solid and quality). Who makes laptops like that now?

Dude just wait for the rebate.... You're almost guarenteed to pay a restocking fee for returning something after 21 days.

As long as the date on the receipt is within the rebate time period, you should be good.

if you're happy with the specs just keep it. Better that than risking a restocking fee as elite.mafia has said.

Back