MSI Gaming 290x 4G fan issue

LaCuNa

Limp Gawd
Hello my fellow Hard Friends ,

Basically, i've got one of these cards , and one of the fans stops working . Usually this happens after my PC has been shutdown or asleep for extended periods over the night. Dust is heavy where I live and it seems to be the issue.

Is there any surefire ways to ensure the fan stops failing ?

I have to physically move it with my finger sometimes to get it going

Maybe consider not shutting down my PC or putting it to sleep ?

IDK

Thanks all

I would give it a thorough cleaning and put dust filters on all of my intake fans. Clean the filters weekly and you should be good to go!

Does it do it while it is idle?

My 290X Lightning spins down some fans when it is idle, so if it is while idle it may just be that feature

Ask the MSI Rep, maybe he can help you more than the XFX rep was able to help me (XFX basically did nothing).

Hey Lacuna,

i believe the fans do spin down during idle. they should spin up during load. If the fans do not spin up during heavy load, then there might be an issue and you would have to RMA it.

Cheers!
Geno

Does it do it while it is idle?

My 290X Lightning spins down some fans when it is idle, so if it is while idle it may just be that feature

The only reason I realized that there was a problem in the first place was because ;

A) My GPU on the top was heating up to 93C degrees and that wasn't normal . I've already reset the HeatSink & freshly applied arctic silver to both my 290x's

I looked at my PC from the inside, and noticed both fans on the same sides were not spinning.

Back