MSI Creator z16

SamirD

Supreme [H]ardness
So I love the 2560 x 1600 screen res--it's all I use when I'm at a computer...except when on my current laptop, which I do love aside from the screen res (HP 8760w).

It's rare to find this screen res on a laptop except for maybe tablets or the ms surface, but LG has it on their Gram, and I thought they were the only one.

Low and behold apparently MSI has a 16" one on their 'creator' z16. Not a cheap laptop which again is in the same LG Gram price range (thousands) so something to wait a decade or more for affordability.

Or so I thought...

I ran across this company, which apparently is 'Joy' on newegg and sells refurbished systems there--MSI Creator z16 for only $205.55:
https://www.coffeebeerandgadgets.co...b-ddr4-1tb-nvme-ssd-tb4-win10pro-9657652.html

So some alarm bells are going off as the company is probably chinese versions of shady, but still might be the only realistic place to get a 2560x1600 screened laptop with a good keyboard for under a grand.

Thought I would get some insights from my peers who also will take a bit of a chance, but who also know when the stink on a bs deal is too strong to ignore--let me know what you think--legit? worth a shot? shady af?

I almost want take gamble on it lol, if its true i would replace my 15 r3 i7-7820hk and gtx 1070m

There is no way this isn't a scam.
My gut too as you can't find it anywhere for near this price, but these guys have A LOT of laptops like this and sell them through newegg too, so something is legit about them as well--hence why I'm thinking it could be just a crazy good deal.

The domain was only registered a few months ago and all of the laptops are severely under market value. If you search their URL, the only results Google returns are links to their website and your post.

They could would get ~8X the money just putting them on ebay if this was legit. This just isn't how the world works.... you know it, which is why you haven't ordered one already :ROFLMAO:.

I'm not sure what you found linking them to a 3rd party newegg reseller, but in my experience 3rd part newegg sellers suck and there is no guarantee they aren't scammers either. It's like Amazon but run buy a company that's not willing to lose a dime to make a customer happy.

The domain was only registered a few months ago and all of the laptops are severely under market value. If you search their URL, the only results Google returns are links to their website and your post.

They could would get ~8X the money just putting them on ebay if this was legit. This just isn't how the world works.... you know it, which is why you haven't ordered one already :ROFLMAO:.

I'm not sure what you found linking them to a 3rd party newegg reseller, but in my experience 3rd part newegg sellers suck and there is no guarantee they aren't scammers either. It's like Amazon but run buy a company that's not willing to lose a dime to make a customer happy.
I read many of the reviews on the other laptops, many of them older and priced correctly, and one of them said they bought on newegg and the company was jade something or something to that effect.

No doubt something fishy is going on, but companies like this are also many times so disorganized that they make mistakes that we can profit from--and I'm wondering if this is one of those mistakes.

I read many of the reviews on the other laptops, many of them older and priced correctly, and one of them said they bought on newegg and the company was jade something or something to that effect.
I suspect a lot of the laptops and reviews were skimmed from other websites. It would have taken way too much effort to hand write these.

Quick example: John's review here is actually pulled from John in this Walmart listing. The review you saw was probably skimmed from a legit Newegg review.

No doubt something fishy is going on, but companies like this are also many times so disorganized that they make mistakes that we can profit from--and I'm wondering if this is one of those mistakes.
That could be the case if this was a known website and the rest of the products looked plausible. In this case there are way too many dirt cheap laptops to be a simple mistake. Adding the clearly stolen reviews and a domain name that was registered a few months ago, leaves zero doubt that this website is a scam entirely.

I suspect a lot of the laptops and reviews were skimmed from other websites. It would have taken way too much effort to hand write these.

Quick example: John's review here is actually pulled from John in this Walmart listing. The review you saw was probably skimmed from a legit Newegg review.

That could be the case if this was a known website and the rest of the products looked plausible. In this case there are way too many dirt cheap laptops to be a simple mistake. Adding the clearly stolen reviews and a domain name that was registered a few months ago, leaves zero doubt that this website is a scam entirely.
Thank you for the detective work! Yep, if the review was stolen then it's just another 'too good to be true' scam site. Oh well, I guess I can wait another decade for my dream laptop. By then my preferred res will be as old as 1024x768. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Looking at this again and wondering if anyone has taken a gamble with this company since last year?

The review I read of the msi creator said the hinges are bad and it has overheat issues where it overheats badly and shuts down. The review unit died from overheating. Big do not buy. I don't buy MSI cause of their reliability issues and horrible rma experience over time.

If you need a cheap laptop maybe look here
https://hardforum.com/threads/dell-refurbished-laptop-sale-50-off-this-weekend.2028134/
It would still probably work for me since I'd just be using rdp. RDP barely taxes the gt-52r that's in the thin client I'm using now, so it should be like idling for the MSI.

I saw the Dells and they had nothing with the res I wanted. :(

Back