MSI Carbon X399 supports pstate

tangoseal

[H]F Junkie
This maybe not the greatest information but it is worth sharing so people can make decisions. The x399 Carbon MSI mobo absolutely does support pstate overclocking. Which to me is a huge perk given the power hungry deathstar sized 1950/20x slabs

It does. I just looked in the BIOS and discovered it. Now, someone want to tell me what the advantage is? I have been an Intel guy for the last 15+ years so I am a little out of the loop on AMD Ryzen OC methods. That said, I do have my 1950x OC'ed to 3.9ghz without issue. What will P-state OC buy me?

It does. I just looked in the BIOS and discovered it. Now, someone want to tell me what the advantage is? I have been an Intel guy for the last 15+ years so I am a little out of the loop on AMD Ryzen OC methods. That said, I do have my 1950x OC'ed to 3.9ghz without issue. What will P-state OC buy me?

Pstate equals Intel speed step basically. Allows the processor to ramp vcore up and down along with frequency in an overclocked state. Uses power states. Is energy effecient when not needed and has instantaneous overclock power when you need it.

Pstate equals Intel speed step basically. Allows the processor to ramp vcore up and down along with frequency in an overclocked state. Uses power states. Is energy effecient when not needed and has instantaneous overclock power when you need it.

I see. I suppose that makes sense, but I will never be accused of doing anything in an energy efficient manner so if that is the primary goal then I'll just stick with the more traditional 'brute' force method. Thanks for the insight tangoseal. Glad to see you got your system up and running too!

I see. I suppose that makes sense, but I will never be accused of doing anything in an energy efficient manner so if that is the primary goal then I'll just stick with the more traditional 'brute' force method. Thanks for the insight tangoseal. Glad to see you got your system up and running too!

Yup... lots more to do. Remove the aio and get a h2o block and pipe my gpu in... I'm gonna add another set of rgb strips around my desk controlled by the Corsair Commander.

Back