MSI B650 MAG DRAM

Odigo

Gawd
Just built a new computer.. MSI B650 MAG Tomahawk WiFi AMD AM5 ATX Motherboard motherboard with 6000 DDR5. Computer is running solid with no issues.. One weird thing is when I unplug the PSU from the wall on initial boot I get a DRAM error.. until I reset the computer.. then it works with no problems. Anyone else having this issue? Noticed it when I had to unplug to change my fans. Did a memory/stress test no windows crashes. Only happens on a COLD boot after the PSU losing power for a brief moment. I guess not really a issue, as I never unplug my computer.. just trying to understand why.

If the battery backup is working (you don't lose date/time right?) then it must be a BIOS bug.

Just built a new computer.. MSI B650 MAG Tomahawk WiFi AMD AM5 ATX Motherboard motherboard with 6000 DDR5. Computer is running solid with no issues.. One weird thing is when I unplug the PSU from the wall on initial boot I get a DRAM error.. until I reset the computer.. then it works with no problems. Anyone else having this issue? Noticed it when I had to unplug to change my fans. Did a memory/stress test no windows crashes. Only happens on a COLD boot after the PSU losing power for a brief moment. I guess not really a issue, as I never unplug my computer.. just trying to understand why.
This happens to my friend's MSI Pro B650M-A Wifi when using Klevv 32gb kit 5600mhz (Hynix A-Die kit).
If it started from cold boot and both ram installed on slot A2 B2, then it wouldn't want to post.
Had to clear cmos first, run with 1 stick on B2, then it can boot normally.

Maybe it has to do with the bios (agesa) not yet matured.

Back