MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX vs MSI B450 Gaming PRO Carbon AC?

mateyman

n00b
This is for R5 3600

See in terms of recommendations, the Tomahawk MAX is most often recommended.

People say the gaming pro has a wifi card (don't care about this cos ethernet), better audio (this one might be a deal breaker), better lan (not sure what this means) while tomahawk has better bios/bigger cpu chip?

Is better lan as in faster download speeds/less ping spikes/less packet loss or is it completely something else?

How big the audio difference really? I use speakers so I'm not sure. Their is ~$40 difference between the two motherboards, which isn't a big deal but I would prefer to spend my money somewhere else. BUT if audio is rlly noticeable then I don't mind spending the extra $40.

To those who owned one or the other or both, what you recommend personally?

One uses Reltek LAN and the other Intel LAN. Some will say the Intel LAN ranges from better to vastly superior.

One uses Reltek LAN and the other Intel LAN. Some will say the Intel LAN ranges from better to vastly superior.

"some" always do and always will ;)

to the OP,

don't sweat the small stuff like LAN/Audio chip differences (really, have you tested one LAN chip against another to see if it makes any REAL WORLD differences?)

Recommendation: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max

I dunno, but I went with the B450 Tomahawk max for my build because it was like $50 cheaper. I dont have any ethernet or audio issues. I dont use 7.1 setups or anything though. Sounds fine.

The tomahawk max is newer and has more updated bios features. Fyi.

I dunno, but I went with the B450 Tomahawk max for my build because it was like $50 cheaper. I dont have any ethernet or audio issues. I dont use 7.1 setups or anything though. Sounds fine.

The tomahawk max is newer and has more updated bios features. Fyi.

yea, what he said :)

Back