MSI Announces FM2+ Mini-ITX A88XI AC Motherboard

HardOCP News

[H] News
MSI, a world leader in motherboards, debuts its first AMD FM2+ socket based Mini-ITX motherboard, the MSI A88XI AC. The MSI A88XI AC supports the new AMD Kaveri APU and is FM2 backwards compatible (Richland and Trinity). Equipped with a rich feature set including Intel Dual Band Wireless AC WiFi/Bluetooth and PCIe Gen 3.0 support, the MSI AX88XI AC is the ideal small form factor multimedia, office or gaming solution without compromising on features.

The MSI A88XI AC motherboard features a wide variety of multimedia solutions such as H.264 hardware decoding, support for 4K UHD video, Blu-ray playback and 8-channel HD Audio through HDMI. When combined with today's processors featuring advanced integrated graphics, MSI motherboards support triple display configurations for more efficiency and flexibility of the desktop layout. The MSI A88XI AC motherboard is ready for 4K UHD resolution with support up to 4096 x 2160. 4K UHD and triple display support deliver an amazing experience when watching movies and playing games.

I tell you, buy the time I am ready to upgrade in 2 or 3 years, I will have a lot of good stuff to choose from on AMD's side. Looking forward to it.

Don't like how close the socket is from the pcie and dimms.... Fewer heatsink options. Guess thats a sacrifice with most itx boards :( Everything else looks great though.

Whenever I see boards like these that announce 32GB support, I've yet to see 16GB modules that are unregistered, unbuffered, and non-ECC and for less than $400 and isn't server memory. Unless these supports ECC registered/buffered server RAM, I just don't see this supporting 32GB like any other mITX board out there for Intel or AMD.

Other than that, this would make a very nice HTPC or SFF gaming PC given all the connectivity options for it.

Back