MSI Announces 30 Days-30 Prizes-30th Anniversary Celebration and Giveaway

HardOCP News

[H] News
It’s MSI’s 30th Anniversary and we are inviting you to the celebration. Join us as we look upon the culmination of 30 years of innovation and excellence in computer design. The best part? For 30 days, we will be the ones giving out the gifts. Without you, we wouldn’t be where we are today. From November 1st until the 30th, stake your chance to win one of our 30 prizes by checking in every day to our giveaway site. We also would like to thank our giveaway partners HyperX, NVIDIA, and Intel for helping us host this special celebration.

To do this you have to allow something called WooBox to be able to make updates to your Twitter profile and Tweet as you. WTF?

Ah, nothing interesting like Zotac's but they are giving away stuff so yea, very cool.

Yeah I bowed out as soon as Twitter came up. Don't have it now and no chance at a prize could make me change that.

yea same here, dont use social media garbage time waster crap. oh well I like freebies but MSI would never be my go to hardware choice anyways. Thx for nuttin MSI.

Same here, checked it out but as soon as it opened to Facebook page I was done. What a way to not do contests and celebrate their 30yr anniversary. With the amount of personal stuff and time you have to put into this, you might as well just purchase the gear.

First I was excited. Then I saw the criteria. No, I'm not going to join twitter for you, not for anyone. Not even for the prizes you listed.

To do this you have to allow something called WooBox to be able to make updates to your Twitter profile and Tweet as you. WTF?

I have Facebook and Twitter, but I don't allow apps to post as me with either. So, I'm out.

I like free stuff as much as anyone, but yeah, this just pisses me off and serves as reverse advertising for MSI.

I like free stuff as much as anyone, but yeah, this just pisses me off and serves as reverse advertising for MSI.
It's worse than that:

" Sponsor and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers, directors and employees (collectively, the "Promotion Entities")"

"All personal information submitted as part of the Giveaway may be shared by and between the Promotion Entities, and each of the Promotion Entities will use such information in accordance with their respective independent online privacy policies."

In effect, the privacy policy says they can share your data with anyone, with no limitation in scope of the sharing, acceptable use, etc. MSI, HyperX, Intel, and Nvidia could each set up an "affiliate" whose privacy policy is "any data collected by or shared with us may be used in any manner that is not prohibited by law". Then they just share the personal information submitted with that entity, which can do what it wants thereafter.

Back