MSI Announces 30 Days-30 Prizes-30th Anniversary Celebration and Giveaway

Discussion in 'HardForum Tech News' started by HardOCP News, Nov 1, 2016.

1. HardOCP News

HardOCP News [H] News

It’s MSI’s 30th Anniversary and we are inviting you to the celebration. Join us as we look upon the culmination of 30 years of innovation and excellence in computer design. The best part? For 30 days, we will be the ones giving out the gifts. Without you, we wouldn’t be where we are today. From November 1st until the 30th, stake your chance to win one of our 30 prizes by checking in every day to our giveaway site. We also would like to thank our giveaway partners HyperX, NVIDIA, and Intel for helping us host this special celebration.

2. taternuts666

taternuts666 Gawd

To do this you have to allow something called WooBox to be able to make updates to your Twitter profile and Tweet as you. WTF?

DocSavage likes this.
  3. thesmokingman

thesmokingman [H]ardness Supreme

Ah, nothing interesting like Zotac's but they are giving away stuff so yea, very cool.

4. Simmonz

Simmonz 2[H]4U

Yeah I bowed out as soon as Twitter came up. Don't have it now and no chance at a prize could make me change that.

5. Dan

Dan [H]ardness Supreme

Dont have a facebook

DocSavage and Denpepe like this.
  6. Denpepe

Denpepe [H]ard|Gawd

same here, nor twitter so no dice.

7. Tweak42

Tweak42 Gawd

Bleh. Could have put in the article heading twitter and facebook required. :rage:

Xinmosni and DocSavage like this.
  8. NIVO

NIVO [H]ard|Gawd

yea same here, dont use social media garbage time waster crap. oh well I like freebies but MSI would never be my go to hardware choice anyways. Thx for nuttin MSI.

DocSavage likes this.
  9. zkostik

zkostik Gawd

Same here, checked it out but as soon as it opened to Facebook page I was done. What a way to not do contests and celebrate their 30yr anniversary. With the amount of personal stuff and time you have to put into this, you might as well just purchase the gear.

10. M76

M76 [H]ardForum Junkie

First I was excited. Then I saw the criteria. No, I'm not going to join twitter for you, not for anyone. Not even for the prizes you listed.

DocSavage likes this.
  11. Ur_Mom

Ur_Mom I'm Not Serious

I have Facebook and Twitter, but I don't allow apps to post as me with either. So, I'm out.

12. DocSavage

DocSavage 2[H]4U

I like free stuff as much as anyone, but yeah, this just pisses me off and serves as reverse advertising for MSI.

13. Noghri2

Noghri2 [H]Lite

Same thing for me. I don't have Twit or Facebook accounts, so I'm out.

14. Tawnos

Tawnos 2[H]4U

It's worse than that:

" Sponsor and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers, directors and employees (collectively, the "Promotion Entities")"

"All personal information submitted as part of the Giveaway may be shared by and between the Promotion Entities, and each of the Promotion Entities will use such information in accordance with their respective independent online privacy policies."

In effect, the privacy policy says they can share your data with anyone, with no limitation in scope of the sharing, acceptable use, etc. MSI, HyperX, Intel, and Nvidia could each set up an "affiliate" whose privacy policy is "any data collected by or shared with us may be used in any manner that is not prohibited by law". Then they just share the personal information submitted with that entity, which can do what it wants thereafter.

DocSavage likes this.