MSI 8800GT $208 @ Dell.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
11:18:34 PM Customer
yea
11:18:39 PM Agent Nisha Bhaskaran
Thank you for the information.
11:19:56 PM Agent Nisha Bhaskaran
I checked the records and I can see that, we have cancelled order number for you. The hold on the account will normally get removed immediately on cancellation of order and in some situations might take 7-8 days depending on your bank or card provider.
11:20:20 PM Customer
when was it cancelled
11:20:36 PM Agent Nisha Bhaskaran
It was cancelled on 12-13-07.
its been a week
11:21:16 PM Agent Nisha Bhaskaran
You need to speak with pay pal and ask them to refresh the account.
11:21:21 PM Agent Nisha Bhaskaran
We have cancelled the order at our end.
11:21:36 PM Customer
do they pay you to guess?
11:22:05 PM Customer
That is asinine. Look the word up in a dictionary.
11:22:27 PM Customer
refresh? refresh what, exactly?
11:22:51 PM Agent Nisha Bhaskaran
I am referring to the account that you have with pay pal.
11:23:06 PM Customer
ive done multiple paypal orders with other companies since then, they have all gone through just fine.
11:23:11 PM Agent Nisha Bhaskaran
As mentioned above: The hold on the account will normally get removed immediately on cancellation of order and in some situations might take 7-8 days depending on your bank or card provider.
11:23:28 PM Customer
This isn't a problem with paypal and you know it.
11:23:37 PM Customer
You just dont know what to say
11:24:06 PM Agent Nisha Bhaskaran
Peter, once an order is cancelled the hold is removed from the account from our end within 2=448 hours.
11:24:15 PM Agent Nisha Bhaskaran
24-48*
11:24:16 PM Customer
I need to get my money back, and I have waited patiently for 7 days
11:24:39 PM Customer Peter Brown
So let me get this straight -
11:24:49 PM Agent Nisha Bhaskaran
I can surely go ahead and forward another request to refresh the account.
11:25:10 PM Customer
As in, press the refresh button?
11:26:01 PM Customer
So you are saying officially that if I don't get my money, ever, that it isn't Dells fault?
11:26:11 PM Agent Nisha Bhaskaran
No, we don't have any such button, we have a department which takes care of cancellations and removing the hold from he accounts.
11:26:39 PM Agent Nisha Bhaskaran
we did not charge your cards at all. The card will only be charged once the order ships from dell.
11:26:42 PM Customer
I'm just wondering if I can buy my mom something for the Christmas holiday.
11:26:51 PM Agent Nisha Bhaskaran
I will send a request right away to refresh the account AGAIN.
11:27:11 PM Customer
indeed.
11:27:41 PM Agent Nisha Bhaskaran
This request will be completed within 2-3 business days.
11:28:04 PM Agent Nisha Bhaskaran
You may check your account after 2-3 business days and if there is still a problem you will need to speak with pay pal.
11:28:09 PM Customer
Your company has the worst customer service, and I have been involved in helping form a formal complaint against Dell along with hundreds of other users from www.hardforum.com
11:28:30 PM Customer
That site is the reason why your chat is so busy
11:28:41 PM Agent Nisha Bhaskaran
I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and I completely understand why you would feel this way. Your feedback is very important to Dell & I am logging it for consideration by the complaints department.
11:28:58 PM Customer
I will also report that I havent gotten my money back.
11:29:21 PM Customer
the company BFG has offered us a $100 discount on their 8800 cards to help
11:29:52 PM Customer
Hopefully other users have had the same problem with their refund as I have, so we can move this issue forward
11:30:29 PM Customer
Your chat transcript with me will be copied and pasted onto the main complaint forum
11:30:37 PM Agent Nisha Bhaskaran
Please accept our sincerest apologies. I would like to assure you that this is not our usual way of doing business.
11:30:42 PM Agent Nisha Bhaskaran
A transcript of this chat session will automatically be sent to the e-mail address you provided at the beginning of the session.
11:30:44 PM Customer
Sure. Like last year?
11:30:58 PM Customer
Last christmas and then the 7800GTX issues from 2 years earlier?
11:31:12 PM Customer
It's called a bait and switch tactic.
11:31:37 PM Customer
an offer is made at a low price, then a higher priced item is offered. It also raises revenue streams before the new fiscal year
11:32:12 PM Customer
I hope to see my money in 24-48 hours.
11:32:37 PM Customer
Because if I don't it's going to be a really bad month for me.
11:32:42 PM Agent Nisha Bhaskaran
This request will be completed within 2-3 business days. Please check your account after that.
11:32:47 PM Agent Nisha Bhaskaran
Are you satisfied with the level of services provided during the chat session?
11:32:50 PM Customer
fuck no

hey guys! i cancelled my order a while ago just wondering whats the status on the msi cards? is dell canceling them or delaying them more lol..

Order Date: 11/25/2007
Order Status: Canceled

WTF I just checked it and I was also canceled even though I talked to a rep and told them not to.

Is there some place other than the BBB where I can file a complaint?

I check my order daily and it is still showing "In production" with a 3rd projected ship date of 12/26. I am not in a big hurry as the holidays eat a lot of gaming time and its not like my 7900GTO is a total pig. Dell definitely needs some bad PR over this cluster. If it turns out to be the vendor's fault then pick better vendors Dell.

In my business I have clients, most of whom are Dell shops. In dealing with Dell's business division we typically see stellar service and I have personally never experienced anything like this over our 10 year history with Dell. Make no mistake, my confidence is shaken. It is hardware, not religion and brand loyalty only goes so far. Our regular account managers, fair or not, will be taken to task for this mess.

Well after an hour of calling people. They wouldn't reinstate my order nor give me a substitute or some sort of raincheck. My only option was to place a formal complaint to their manager and expect it in writing.

True that they owe me nothing, but if I walk in to a BestBuy, CircuitCity, or go to NewEgg.com or any other vendor and something like this happened they would gladly offer me a substitute at no extra charge or some kind of great deal on something else.
These jerkwads didn't do squat except throw me a finger. Last time I order from Dell.

Can anyone get some sort of contact information for Richard L. Hunter, Dell's VP for customer service?
http://direct2dell.com/user/Profile.aspx?UserID=2274

Most internal Dell e-mail addresses are [email protected], so I'd try that. Sending a fax (with original to follow by mail) to the general counsel, however, might get you better results. When a sales manager gets a call from the legal department saying "we might have some exposure - take care of it," they'll probably jump into action.

I ordered the MSI when the deal was first posted and got canceled too. Easy come, easy go.

So the real question is... what's the best deal now?

This is the thread that never dies . . .

I ordered on 11/25 and still have a revised ship date of 12/26. Haven't been directly in touch with Dell other than the automated call I received to confirm acceptance of the latest delay, which I did accept. Doesn't look like they've canceled my order yet but wouldn't be surprise if they did in the near future.

The way I see it, if they ship - great . . . it's a pretty good deal on these 8800gt cards. If not, no biggie b/c so many people are dumping their 8800gtx's these days that you can get one in the low $300's. That's not much more than most of the GT's are going for now and bottom line is, the GTX's are still "better" than the GT's.

On a positive note, the 4GB OCZ laptop memory I ordered from Dell on 12/11 showed an estimated ship date of 12/28 but shipped yesterday! So, I guess, sometimes they do get something right! You know what they say about blind squirrels . . .

Well it looks my Christmas just got merrier. Although Dell's cancellation of my confirmed order caused doubt, it looks like i'll have a video card under my tree after all! The BFG deal proved to be excellent.
My card is already out for delivery!

Your order number is ####, placed 12/19/2007 at 12:54AM

Scheduled Delivery: 12/27/2007

12/20/2007 6:29 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED
12/21/2007 3:42 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
12/21/2007 5:23 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
12/21/2007 6:48 A.M. DESTINATION SCAN
12/21/2007 7:16 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY

Well it looks my Christmas just got merrier. Although Dell's cancellation of my confirmed order caused doubt, it looks like i'll have a video card under my tree after all! The BFG deal proved to be excellent.

wooow. when did u order yours ?

I did a little searching for more replacements for my failed Dell video card experiment, and it looks like the 8800GT's have been restocked all over (Zipzoomfly, TigerDirect, etc.), and around the MSRP of $199 to boot. I almost ordered one until I realized that they're all the 256MB cards. :(

I decided I needed a good laugh, so I checked the status of my substituted e-GeForce 8800 GT to get a peek at that MARCH 2008 ship date. I almost fell out of my chair when I saw that it SHIPPED today! It doesn't show the $85 "adjustment" credit on my account, as it was still listed as $313.19 (incl. tax). But that's an argument for next week. (Of course the funny thing is that I do not see a charge on my credit card from Dell at all, but maybe it's going through the system.)

I still can't pronounce my customer service rep's, manager's, manager's name, but bless his little Indian heart!! The real irony is that he sent it DHL overnight, and I wasn't expecting it to ship so soon, so I had it shipped to work. Now I have to go to the office on Christmas Eve and wait for it to show up. DHL had better show up or it will get ugly.

wait im lost? estimated ship date is the 27th and you got urs the 21st?

Well the Dell deal stunk to high heaven but I've got a XFX 512 8800GT on its way from buy.com for about the same cost as the MSI one.

:D

wait im lost? estimated ship date is the 27th and you got urs the 21st?

yes that is correct. I copied and pasted the info, and can screenshot if necessary. i used ups 3-day select shipping instead of ground, but still.. that's what it says on the UPS website.

coolcyber - re-read my post for your answer.

yes that is correct. I copied and pasted the info, and can screenshot if necessary. i used ups 3-day select shipping instead of ground, but still.. that's what it says on the UPS website.

coolcyber - re-read my post for your answer.

lucky you! my ship date is the 27th but im hoping for it to come in early! maybe christmas eve.... i chose ground shipping.:eek:

I was promised by some manager that mine would be expedited as well and that they would give me a callback in 24-48 hours which they did.

I was pleasantly surirpsed that they called me back, then a few hours later they cancelled my order.

If I'm reading things correctly, the same thing happened to a few folks. If that is the case, how did you get your shipping notification? From Dell or the shipping company?

And yes, the squeaky wheel does usually get the grease. We'll see how Dell responds.

In my world the squeaky wheel usually gets replaced!@!

Well this card was ordered on 11/29 and supposed to ship 1/3 with a delivery date of 1/4.
Too bad for us, I've been searching for a replacement for 2 days now and options are looking grim. So much for that gift.

did anyone here ever get a MSI card from DELL since 11/24 . seems like not one person on this forum did, although a few got their XFX cards.

maybe ill head over to the DELLSUCKS website for a chuckle. I was able to get my card from clubit for about the same price, but now i only see the MSI GTS listed on their site, so nvidia must be only shipping small orders of gpu's out to customers. Many IC's for cell phones take 6 weeks leadtime from start to finish, im guessing its similiar for a standard GPU. wish you guys holding out some luck for xmas.

did anyone here ever get a MSI card from DELL since 11/24 . seems like not one person on this forum did, although a few got their XFX cards.

maybe ill head over to the DELLSUCKS website for a chuckle. I was able to get my card from clubit for about the same price, but now i only see the MSI GTS listed on their site, so nvidia must be only shipping small orders of gpu's out to customers. Many IC's for cell phones take 6 weeks leadtime from start to finish, im guessing its similiar for a standard GPU. wish you guys holding out some luck for xmas.

Don't you get it?
It's not the quantity it's the price. They sold them so cheap that their profit margin (if any) wouldn't be worth the effort.

i paid 2 dollar difference at clubit, and im sure they make less profit than dell could, because they order smaller quantities im sure. If they can afford to do it, so can dell especially since they offered the deal in the first place, and they put the item up after it was taken down again at the same price. Maybe its not a huge profit margin, but some money is money. Now they have lost many unhappy customers. Im positive they were not selling it at cost or below it.

many many items get sold lower than the manufacturers msrp, so thats something you cannot totally rely on.

I can't believe today I received a phone call from dell customer service regarding the survey I filled out a while and asked about why I was dissatisfied about the whole ordering process. I told him what happened about my XFX card being delayed a couple of times to the extent that made me cancelling it. He then offered me some alternatives that they have in stock like the EVGA 8800gts 320mb card which cost $299.99 and of course I told him no. I then suggested him to offer me the evga 8800 GT Superclocked 512 MB which has similar price of $289.99. He asked the permission from his supervisor to give me the price accommodation on this order as my previous XFX card of $254.34 plus a free 2nd day shipping. I took the deal and guess I will wait to see if it's goona be shipped by next week as promised.

I can't believe today I received a phone call from dell customer service regarding the survey I filled out a while and asked about why I was dissatisfied about the whole ordering process. I told him what happened about my XFX card being delayed a couple of times to the extent that made me cancelling it. He then offered me some alternatives that they have in stock like the EVGA 8800gts 320mb card which cost $299.99 and of course I told him no. I then suggested him to offer me the evga 8800 GT Superclocked 512 MB which has similar price of $289.99. He asked the permission from his supervisor to give me the price accommodation on this order as my previous XFX card of $254.34 plus a free 2nd day shipping. I took the deal and guess I will wait to see if it's goona be shipped by next week as promised.

Congrats on the deal, but I think it's only you and maybe a few others that Dell extended the olive branch to. Regardless, I hope you get your card soon.

i was offered to buy the evga super clock when i went to the chat w/ the dell representative regarding my MSI 8800gt got canceled. he offered 30$ off the purchase, so 289-30 is about 259. but i did not buy it because he could not assure the availability of the evga superclock. and on the dell website, it says shipps in 6 weeks.

I just dont want to buy anything from dell website from now on... they lost my trust.
I prefer newegg even sometimes their stuff are a bit expensive compare to others, but the service i had with them so far so good.

yeah..you ain't gonna receive thatt card any faster than the MSI or the XFX...

i ordered the XFX on the 26th at around 5am. My order has been delayed from the 11th to the 19th to the 28th. Something tells me the delays are not finished.

Got my BFG 8800GTS OC in from the front page deal earlier in the week. OC'd it to 750 and it's got 42-44 idle and 57-59 load temps with 55% fan speed. Fan is a bit quieter than the GT but not leaps and bounds. Couldn't be happier.

I recommend we create a new thread specifically labeled, "Alernative 8800gt deal for those screwed by Dell". Let's do some research and see what deals we can get without ever having to buy from Dell again. I'll do my part.

I took the time to register with resellerratings.com based on how poorly Dell handled the MSI 8800gt fiasco. I m sure that they could care less if we all cancel, but they have to be pissed that their approval rating is lower than Hewlett Packard. Incidentally, they have a really shitty rating too, but not as low as Dell.

I filled a complain with the BBB. Was pretty easy.
I don't know if will do anything but it made me feel better, and after all said and done that's the best feeling I've had out of this.

I took the time to register with resellerratings.com based on how poorly Dell handled the MSI 8800gt fiasco. I m sure that they could care less if we all cancel, but they have to be pissed that their approval rating is lower than Hewlett Packard. Incidentally, they have a really shitty rating too, but not as low as Dell.

You must have been confused by the rating system, because your review says that you were "very satisfied."

:eek: It has been shipped on 24th thru DHL, Estimated Delivery Date: 12/26/2007

Long time lurker - first time poster.

I ordered the card on 11/27.
Expected ship date was 12/16.
Email on 12/16 stated delayed until 1/16.
Chatted with Dell support.
Blah blah blah.
Contacted Dell via phone and actually got someone in their sales dpt.
They went through all sorts of stuff trying to find alternatives and blah blah blah.
Nothing panned out and everything was out of stock.
They ended up promising me a $50 credit on the card once it shipped.
I never received a call or email asking me if I wanted to cancel.
Order still says "in production".
I chatted with them again today.
I'm informed it was discontinued from manufacturer and was advised to cancel the order. I decided not to.
They told me to go ahead and order the new card (the eVGA Superclocked) and that they will honor the discount I was promised.
I did so.
We'll see what happens.

I'll keep everyone posted.

Current Status:
Original MSI Card is still in production with estimated ship date of 1/16. I was promised an additional $50 credit on this card which would bring it to $157.

Ordered eVGA Super Clocked today for standard price from Dell.
Can't contact their sales/modification dpt since they are closed on Christmas day. Estimated ship date 12/27.

Yes - definitely still hanging onto the "deal". Why? Because it is a "deal". The card is an accessory and Dell had a 20% off on accessories.

Will I ever get it? Nope. But, I'll get free $$$ from Dell for the inconvenience and mess up. I'll end up getting a eVGA Superclocked for $50 below MSRP. Sounds fair/good to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back