MSI 8800GT $208 @ Dell.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone on here had said they received their card I would have waited. I just went ahead and canceled. No confidence in this new revised date,

ok, consent email sent yesterday, and received a confirmation mail from dell last night.

and just now i check on the dell page, MY ORDER GOT CANCELED!!!! WTF!!!!
my friend bought this and called them yesterday to consent. and he just checked the dell page, his order got canceled too!!!

Date: 2007/12/18 18:54:09
To: ME = Hybrid_CL9

Thank you for your response. Your request has been documented. If you have any further inquiries, please contact us either by email at [email protected] or by calling 1-877-868-3355.

Thank you,
Dell Inc. Notification Team

Original Message Follows:
------------------------

Customer #: ******
Order #: *******
Purchase ID: *********
Product: MSI GeForce 8800GT PCIE 512MB OC

I am so pissed @ dell, i hope Dell got sued and give us compensation for the time and energy wasted on this POS. This was my first time to do business with Dell, and it will be my last time too. liars.

I purchased everything I needed to build my computer, everything arrived in 2-7 days after purchased. I purchased this card @ Dell on 11/24 morning, too. I waited for so long for this card to arrive so that I can build my system. so not worthy for the few bux I was trying to save to go through all this carp.

ok my complain is over, time for looking up some new deals!!!

I looked at the order status on my cancelled MSI GT (for shits and giggles) and found something that didn't make me giggle at all. In the status, it said "changed." When I talked to Dell, I told them to cancel, but the order didn't say "cancelled." Should I be worried about this? Is anyone else getting this?

I looked at the order status on my cancelled MSI GT (for shits and giggles) and found something that didn't make me giggle at all. In the status, it said "changed." When I talked to Dell, I told them to cancel, but the order didn't say "cancelled." Should I be worried about this? Is anyone else getting this?

here is a screen shot of my order. it says changed or canceled
and status : canceled
dellorderpageeb5.jpg

and just now i check on the dell page, MY ORDER GOT CANCELED!!!! WTF!!!!
my friend bought this and called them yesterday to consent. and he just checked the dell page, his order got canceled too!!!

Those assclowns!!! My order was also just cancelled, even though i consented by phone to continue with it. Kyle, thanks for getting our backs with the BFG deal, at least i had something to fall back on. What really pisses me off is that they would rather cancel my order unexpectedly than offer me an alternative product.

I can't wait to see what you come up with when all is said and done, Kyle. At this point, i'm sure you have a good article in the makings, yeah?

ok time for some updates from tonight's chat w/ a dell representive

12/19/2007 10:17:07PM Kevin: "Hi"
12/19/2007 10:17:22PM Kevin: "my order got canceled"
12/19/2007 10:17:48PM Kevin: "even I sent my consent to keep my order last night, and dell replied me with a confirmation email of my consent"
12/19/2007 10:18:26PM Agent : "I apologize for any inconvenience or frustration this matter caused to you."
12/19/2007 10:22:38PM Agent : "Kevin, as per the order details I do see that the order for "GEFORCE 8800GT PCIE 512MB-DUAL DVI TVOUT OVERCLOCK" has been cancelled. As this item is no more manufactured by the manufacture. The reason why the order was getting delayed was because manufacture have stopped the manufacturing this particular item.
12/19/2007 10:22:46PM Kevin: "can you put the order back on its original status?"
12/19/2007 10:23:14PM Agent : "Kevin, I do apologize for it as this order is cancelled. You will be refunded with the cancelled order in original mode of payment."
12/19/2007 10:23:34PM Kevin: "may i ask when did dell receive this info that MSI stopped manufacturing this product?"
12/19/2007 10:23:36PM Agent : "You need to place a new order with a different manufacture."
12/19/2007 10:24:43PM Agent : "As per our information available, this item is no more manufactured by the manufacture."
12/19/2007 10:25:14PM Kevin: "how many cards did dell receive/shipped out to customers?"
12/19/2007 10:25:45PM Agent ): "As per our knowledge only 3600 units were in stock and shipped."
12/19/2007 10:26:08PM Kevin: "and do you know how many orders were there?"
12/19/2007 10:26:24PM Agent : "No, we do not have that information."
12/19/2007 10:26:29PM Agent : "If you want I can provide you with an alternate to this."
12/19/2007 10:26:30PM Kevin: "and how does Dell decide which customer should receive the item"
12/19/2007 10:26:55PM Kevin: "what do you mean an alternate?"
12/19/2007 10:27:45PM Agent : "Kevin, the alternate for GEFORCE 8800GT PCIE 512MB is Dell Part# is A1324026 and the price of the item is $ 319.99"
12/19/2007 10:28:08PM Agent : "You can use this part number to place the order."
12/19/2007 10:29:23PM Kevin: "i search on Dell, it shows this e-GeForce 8800 GT Superclocked 512 MB PCI-E® Graphics Card from EVGA"
12/19/2007 10:29:29PM Kevin: "priced 289.99"
12/19/2007 10:30:13PM Agent : "It is possible that the price might have gone down as we have on going promotion on selected items."
12/19/2007 10:31:01PM Kevin: "do you offer any compensations for the time that i have wasted with this MSI order?"
12/19/2007 10:32:36PM Agent : "You place the order, with the sales Department. Once your order is invoiced we will provide you with a credit of 10% of the ordered amount."
12/19/2007 10:33:21PM Kevin: "can you confirm the availablility of the eVGA 8800 GT Superclocked right now?"
12/19/2007 10:33:29PM Kevin: "so the same drama wont happen again"
12/19/2007 10:33:33PM Agent : "I suggest you to speak with Sales Department as they would be the best people to assist you with this issue. You can call them at 1-800-915-3355 between 8AM to 9PM CST Monday to Saturday. You can also chat with them from 8AM to 9 PM CST Mon-Fri. The link is http://www.dell.com/content/topics/...=en&s=dhs&~lt=popup&~ck=mn&~isavailable=false
12/19/2007 10:33:38PM Agent : "I will provide you with the case number for today's interaction and this case number will be entitled for a credit of approximate 30$."
12/19/2007 10:34:34PM Agent : "At this point of time I can see that availability of this card is only to 61 nos.":confused:
12/19/2007 10:35:32PM Kevin: "ok thank you. so,will I guarantee to receive one if i put my order now ?"
12/19/2007 10:36:32PM Agent : "To be very honest with you I cannot assure you with this. I suggest you to speak with sales Department once before placing the order."

so from the beginning, this non-deal was a joke... we all got fooled by Dell as they never had enough cards to cover the amount they sold.

and can anyone verify what this guy said about MSI is no longer manufacturing 8800GT 512MB OC?

ok time for some updates from tonight's chat w/ a dell representive

so from the beginning, this non-deal was a joke... we all got fooled by Dell as they never had enough cards to cover the amount they sold.

and can anyone verify what this guy said about MSI is no longer manufacturing 8800GT 512MB OC?

They still making them but i think it will be with new fan. Hopefully we get new fan with dell order.

Damn, glad I didn't hang on any longer. I got my 3850 yesterday, in spite of UPS's best efforts, and I couldn't be happier. I can run all my current games maxed out (1600x1200) so at least for the time being the 8800gt would have been overkill anyways. Dell and that unicorn of a card can kiss my ass.;)

Mine still hasn't been cancelled. Order date of 11/25 with an estimated ship date of 12/26. Until I find a better deal, I'm not walking away.

See my original post back on page 28 of this thread. It's unlikely (although not conclusively determined) that Dell has the right to just cancel orders without liability for customer's expectation damages (i.e., the customer's "benefit of the bargain," or the difference between the Dell price and the price in the marketplace - roughly $50 per person).

Since I already have the demand letter I sent to the General Counsel of Amazon, Tiger Direct, and Systemax (Tiger Direct's parent company) the last time something like this happened to me (and I got a very favorable resolution to that situation), it might just be worth it to squeeze Dell if they do cancel my order. Then again, it's a lot less money than was at stake last time this happened to me and this is a busy time of year, so we'll see.

Mine still hasn't been cancelled. Order date of 11/25 with an estimated ship date of 12/26. Until I find a better deal, I'm not walking away.

See my original post back on page 28 of this thread.

...it might just be worth it to squeeze Dell if they do cancel my order. Then again, it's a lot less money than was at stake last time this happened to me and this is a busy time of year, so we'll see.

Joel, if you want people to help or offer solidarity I'm behind you. I ordered 11/24 and as of this morning I have the same est. ship date as you (after 2 delays). I responded to both via e-mail to let them know I will wait and do not wish to cancel the order yet they still called my house asking whoever picks up whether they want to cancel the order (default choice) or continue shipping (press '2'). I wasn't home but luckily my kid sister picked up and hit '2,' I hadn't told anyone I ordered something from Dell so I'm glad she did that. Still I don't see why they would call when I replied to their e-mail within 12 hours of them sending it out. I was pretty upset by that, it was almost as if they were hoping I wouldn't answer the phone or something.

I just spoke to a customer service rep and her BEST scenario was that I should cancel my order. Buy the PNY 8800GT for $320 + tax + shipping and wait 1-2 weeks to get it.

Amazing service!

PS Only useful thing she said was that the MSI cards have been "deactivated" meaning that they will get a shipment for the early orders and that's it, no more.

When did you place your order WildMonkey?

Order Date: 11/25/2007

Shipping Method: Next Business Day
Est. Ship Date: 12/28/2007
Est. Delivery Date: 12/31/2007
Carrier: Not Shipped
Tracking Number: Not Shipped

I'm convinced that they just don't want to ship ANY at that price. They won't offer substitutes or other forms of compensation. It's simple, they just won't deliver.

I agree with you. It seems as though they'll keep delaying until enough people cancel the order and then they can send the remaining orders an e-mail with an apology and some sort of coupon or whatever to appease us.

So, I'm basically posting this for posterity.

My order was also canceled. Neat. I also emailed, answered their automated phone call, AND followed up with customer service. Still canceled.

I ordered evening of 11/24/2007, was delayed 3 times via email. Contacted 3 times via email stating that I had to request that they continue to process my order. Replied to email, logged into my account, checked status all three times. Did online chat with a CSR:

12/18/2007 08:54:32AM PosterChild: "and just to be clear, my order has not been cancelled, correct?"
12/18/2007 08:55:25AM Agent (Varinder Kaushal): "Yes, that is correct."

Received a phone call asking me to approve my order. Selected the option to approve my order. Checked status this morning: Canceled. Angry email fired off to Dell Customer Support.

<rant-whine-complain>
Thing is, I get that they don't have the product and may not ever have the product. What I don't get is why they take this head-in-the-sand approach to customer service. They must know that this is quasi-semi-sorta-high-profile for them. They could have at least approached the people who purchased this product in a more mature fashion. Why repeatedly ask a customer if they want to continue their order if you're just going to ignore their responses repeatedly. I actually *can* wait until they receive stock, so waiting wasn't an issue for me. Still, canceled. Sigh.
</rant-whine-complain>

Btw, thanks for all the support and additional effort on this one Kyle. It actually makes this better knowing that you were involved and took steps to help the community. Maybe I need to buy 10x ratpadz with my new-found $207.

posterChild

That's not right AT ALL. I've contacted Consumerist.com with this issue, I want to see what they have to say about this and what their advice is. Keep your e-mails and chat transcripts if you have them. You did not cancel your order, it should still be "in process" status.

{rant}
It's funny to me that after all the "we now hate Dell" and how badly this legitimate discount went... when Dell posted an obvious price mistake, it seemed like people were like "woo hoo Dell let's get in on this deal" when it's obviously just going to be canceled...
{/rant}

EDIT: To clarify the price mistake I'm ranting about was that $30 camera. This was what I consider a legitimate 20% accessories discount.

bwahahahhah. I can't believe all of you thought Dell would ship these. Pay the $50 more and have fun playing. Instead, everyone is whining and complaining their orders got cancelled.

This thread needs to be closed and put to an end. ;)

I wasn't a price mistake, but possibly it was a listing mistake. The card could not be found with a search on the name or part number, only the direct link in the first post.
------

My order still isn't cancelled yet

Order Description: GeForce 8800GT 512 MB GDDR3 Graphics Card

Order Information
Full Name: <me>
Customer Number: 252xxxxx
Dell Purchase ID: 200014xxxxxxx
Order Number: 938xxxxxx
Order Date: 11/24/2007
Order Status: In Production

Order shipped email signup

Billing Information
Bill to:
<me>

Shipping Information
Ship to:
<me>
Shipping Method: 3-5 Business Days
Est. Ship Date: 12/26/2007
Est. Delivery Date: 12/31/2007-1/2/2008
Carrier: Not Shipped
Tracking Number: Not Shipped

Mine's still in production, but now the webpage just says:

GeForce 8800GT 512 MB GDDR3 Graphics Card with an estimated ship date of mid-January.

I picked up the BFG from Best Buy, but I'm not sure if I want to cancel yet. I'm hoping they'll offer everyone some Dell bucks or some such for cancelling.

Even though I CANCELLED both of my GT orders from Dell here's what arrived last night via DHL - worst shipper known to man:

IMG_3121.jpg

IMG_3122.jpg

IMG_3127.jpg

Yep,that's exactly how it arrived. WTH Dell way to suck it.

All that put was some paper in there. That's a cheap way to send it. How is the card though? I deal with a lot of absolutely destroyed boxes at my work and sometimes the stuff inside is just fine. I don't know about the XFX, but my BFG card was inside bubble rap and in it's own smaller box.

Although it pains me to say it. Send it back.

It's a sensitive piece of hardware, and that's beyond some dents.
Make them pay for shipping both ways.

Even though I CANCELLED both of my GT orders from Dell here's what arrived last night via DHL - worst shipper known to man:

[]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v389/MrSneis/IMG_3121.jpg[/IMG]
[]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v389/MrSneis/IMG_3122.jpg[/IMG]
[]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v389/MrSneis/IMG_3127.jpg[/IMG]

Yep,that's exactly how it arrived. WTH Dell way to suck it.

From what they told me, you're supposed to turn it down on delivery if you canceled. I believe they will still charge your CC now unless you arrange to send it back and you haven't opened the package. Sucks that the box is damaged though, my BFG card from Dell shipped without any padding in a box that could fit 3 of them, but UPS came through and everything was fine.

Well, I believe the card should be fine - after all it's pretty solid hunk of pcb + metal. I'm just kinda TO'd that I cancelled it at least 2 weeks in advance and they still sold it to me; and even more so that they did such a sh*tty job of packaging and choosing DHL as a carrier.

I'm certain they will let me return it, I just gotta call Inda :(

I also have a friend in need of a black PCB GT, he may bite.

:)

It *was* scheduled, for a 3rd time, to ship out on the 18th this time. I guess they finally made that deadline.

bass_ec placed their order on 11/24, same as me. I think the difference is I have not contacted Dell Customer Service (or the department bass_ec called) once. I just didn't have time to be on the phone and everything because of finals. I guess I have time over winter break. bass_ec, do you believe it's your persistence that made this thing ship?

Like many others posting here, I too bit on the Dell MSI 8800GT. And reading through these posts I see that we all had pretty much the same experience.

After confirming that I did NOT want my order cancelled via chat and also by e-mail, my order was subsequently cancelled. (Of course, they cancelled the day AFTER the BFG deal ended. :mad:)

Like many others here, I ran the gauntlet of waiting in chat queues, and holding on the phone to get answers. After being offered (and refusing) the $20 "token apology" to help buy another card, i worked my way up through the customer service agent, to his manager, to her manager.

Long story short - The good news was that I was able to negotiate the e-GeForce 8800 GT Superclocked 512MB for the same price, and have it shipped NDA. The better news, is that they showed as having (41) in stock. The ridiculous news is that after placing the order, I double checked the status (call me suspicious) only to see that the ship date was scheduled for MARCH 25, 2008!! Now that even cracked me up.

I was also one of the ones who agonized over the BFG deal. I actually had one sitting in my cart, waiting to pull the trigger. On one hand, I rationalized that it would give +10% performance for +30% price. On the other, I heard Kyle's words of warning to us fools about what he was hearing about the availability of the MSI cards. (Kyle - I will NEVER doubt you again. I've learned my lesson).

I'll give it a couple of weeks before I call Dell back bringing the heat. That is unless Kyle finds a way to work another sweet deal...;)

Again, I also say kudos to Kyle for looking out for his peeps. I just recently ordered my Ratpadz XT to return the support.

Mines still pending but its starting to sink in that this is going no where and I'm short a video card for a Christmas gift :(

Figure It hasn't been 30 days yet so they haven't gotten around to canceling mine lol.

I called and verified this order was not to be canceled for any reason. Then replied to the e-mail and got the below response:

Thank you for your response. Your request has been documented. If you have any further inquiries, please contact us either by email at [email protected] or by calling 1-877-868-3355.

Thank you,
Dell Inc. Notification Team

Original Message Follows:
------------------------
Please continue processing this order.

Date: 2007/12/19 Wed PM 12:34:58 CST
E-mail: <removed>
Subject: Dell Order Has Been Further Delayed for Order Number 942251854

Dell Inc. USA
Home & Home Office Customer Service My Account Contact Us At Dell, we strive to ship our products on time and truly regret when delays occur. Due to unforeseen circumstances, your order is further delayed and we need your permission to continue processing it, as required by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). To learn more about this, click here. ACTION REQUIRED: Please contact us immediately to provide consent to this delay and to obtain your new revised estimated ship date (See Revised Est. Ship Date below).

It's easy to provide consent! Simply choose one of the following: Send an email to <a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a>, <b>OR</b> call us at 1-877-868-3355 <b>OR</b> just log in to Dell's online Order Status site.

What's Next? With your consent, when your order ships, you will receive an Order Shipped email that will allow you to easily track your package(s). At any time you may click on the Order Status bar below to view the current status of your order.

Looks as if you have to cover multiple bases to not get this canceled. I had a Dell rep say that he would "personally" handle and track this issue and get back to me when the card is supposed to ship. December 28th is the new ship date... Dell is getting 3600 more of these MSI cards with the new heatsink fan on that date. It will be like the lottery as to whether or not you get on that list of 3600 people.

The only reason I'm sticking to this and holding Dell's feet to the fire is; in today's world, a handshake means nothing. Dell will] send me what was promised or compensate me for my time. They have already put a $50 credit on my account and given me free overnight shipping. I have asked for a note to be put on my account that under NO circumstances should this order be canceled for any reason.

And yes, the squeaky wheel does usually get the grease. We'll see how Dell responds.

Where did you hear about the 3,600 cards? From the customer service rep? Seems odd that they wouldn't use those to fill the orders they had rather than cancelling everyone's order. That would save them from the negative publicity.

I hope you got the name and extension of the person you talked to. I got the feeling that they would say anything to get me off the phone.

Finally got mine in, after waiting for 3 days (today is day 3). DHL finally left the box in front of my garage door.

Arrived in pristine condition, and now I need to find my motherboard box because the SLi connector is inside of it. :(

DSC03415.jpg

DSC03416.jpg

Shipped Date: 12/14/2007
Est. Delivery Date: 12/19/2007-12/21/2007
Carrier: DHL

Finally got mine in, after waiting for 3 days (today is day 3). DHL finally left the box in front of my garage door.

Arrived in pristine condition, and now I need to find my motherboard box because the SLi connector is inside of it. :(

Shipped Date: 12/14/2007
Est. Delivery Date: 12/19/2007-12/21/2007
Carrier: DHL

Good to hear, my card's PCB is black.

Where did you hear about the 3,600 cards? From the customer service rep? Seems odd that they wouldn't use those to fill the orders they had rather than cancelling everyone's order. That would save them from the negative publicity.

I hope you got the name and extension of the person you talked to. I got the feeling that they would say anything to get me off the phone.

I got this information from Pete in the Customer Care Center. Dell Badge # 949071
;) How's that?

Just an update on my status xfx 8800 GT recieved. MSI auto canceled by dell , but when I called in was offered $100 off a 8800GTX. Still waiting to see that get applied but I have the logs. Will keep you guys posted.:confused:

Asked them by e-mail to keep the order, and they replied "Thank you for your response. We were able to ship your order on 12/19/07." Except, my credit card was not charged, and the Dell website says the order was cancelled.

Maybe I'm getting two for free. Yeah right... I wonder if this is malice or incompetence or both?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back