MSI 8800GT $208 @ Dell.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't it going to be $299 like all the 8800GT's? and it'll probably come with crysis...

It will cost at least $350. Besides, people on this thread paid $207 for the 8800GT. Big price difference for little performance gain.

Would you mind letting us know how much you paid for the MSI 8800GT that you ordered on the 21st?

Quantity Item Number Description Unit Price

2 A1348853 GeForce 8800GT 512 MB GDDR3 Graphics Card $207.99

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Order shipped

View My Orders

Sub-Total : $415.98
Shipping : $.00
Tax : $32.24
Order Total : $448.22

Very nice. I had no idea this deal had started that far back. That makes me less optimistic about my order being placed on the 24th. I'm curious if others have placed their orders before the 24th.

Very nice. I had no idea this deal had started that far back. That makes me less optimistic about my order being placed on the 24th. I'm curious if others have placed their orders before the 24th.

I would like to vent on the behalf of DHL and Dell's ETA on the arrival date of my video cards, dell suggested DHL ETA: The 7th (this friday), now DHL's tracking is suggesting the 10th (monday).

Ugh.

Dunno about upgrading. I opened another chat session with Dell and they didn't offer to upgrade. In fact they suggested I cancel the order and speak with sales to see if I could find a suitable alternative. Here's the relevant piece of the last chat:

12/05/2007 01:12:55PM Agent <EDIT> "<EDIT>, I appreciation your patience. However, I see the item on the order is deleted and may not get shipped out."
12/05/2007 01:13:05PM Agent <EDIT>: "The item is no more available by the manufacturer.In that case, I would suggest you to speak to sales department and choose the alternative item."
12/05/2007 01:13:15PM Agent <EDIT>: "You may cancel this order."

They canceled my order. I grabbed an EVGA card instead off of Newegg and it should be here late this week or early next. The extra $'s are worth it to me at this point to guarantee I will have one to play with the week of Christmas. Got to maximize that vacation time :D

May I ask why people prefer the eVga cards over MSI? Is there really a difference?

I've done business with both and won't do business with MSI again, simply because I don't need to. EVGA is, bar none, one of the best companies I've ever done business with for computer products.

EVGA cross-shipped a brand new Motherboard after receiving a defective one from Newegg. IF you don't know what cross-shipped means, they shipped me a brand new board before they got mine - I actually received the new one before I shipped my old one. I've also RMA'd an MSI board which took more then 3 months to get back.

Videocards, EVGA has phenominal customer service. Awesome RMA time frames and knowledgeable staff. I've had vid card issues too which they were awesome on. I had an MSI card, 9800 Pro which the fan went out on after a year. They wouldn't send me just the fan and quoted me 6 weeks to get mine returned to me. I just upgraded to an Accelero, screw that. Besides I'd been quoted 6 weeks on the MSI mobo and it took more then twice that.

They also have a lifetime warranty and step up program. They have the B stock program. They even have an updated BIOS right now you can get on their forums which fixes a lot of the heat issues on these cards by altering the fan speeds. Rivatuner can do this yes, but EVGA is the only company I've seen so far to address this issue. All new cards are shipped with the new BIOS. They also have some of the most stringent testing in the industry, google it if you don't believe me. The register did an article a year or so ago on their facility that tests chips, so when you buy a KO or SSC card - they actually are tested under those loads and you get the best chips they test when you buy the better OC'd cards through EVGA. Frankly, I can go on and on. Go to their forums, they are phenominal - you get responses from the staff on posts in the forums within minutes or hours - on any questions you have.

More then I can say for a lot of other companies. Leadtek, MSI and PNY are some of the worst in the industry. And YES I've owned vidcards from all of them.

Dunno about upgrading. I opened another chat session with Dell and they didn't offer to upgrade. In fact they suggested I cancel the order and speak with sales to see if I could find a suitable alternative. Here's the relevant piece of the last chat:

12/05/2007 01:12:55PM Agent <EDIT> "<EDIT>, I appreciation your patience. However, I see the item on the order is deleted and may not get shipped out."
12/05/2007 01:13:05PM Agent <EDIT>: "The item is no more available by the manufacturer.In that case, I would suggest you to speak to sales department and choose the alternative item."
12/05/2007 01:13:15PM Agent <EDIT>: "You may cancel this order."

They canceled my order. I grabbed an EVGA card instead off of Newegg and it should be here late this week or early next. The extra $'s are worth it to me at this point to guarantee I will have one to play with the week of Christmas. Got to maximize that vacation time :D
Bought that one hook, line, sinker, and copy of Angling Times, didn't you?

I called Dellndia and tried to pull the whole "this was a birthday present for a friend and it's going to be late" spiel and they wouldn't upgrade my shipping or video card. Go figure. Man, I've never waiting so long for someone to take my money before.

Luder[PAK9];1031757198 said:
Bought that one hook, line, sinker, and copy of Angling Times, didn't you?

Not really, but the comments from that rep and the other chats make me think it was very unlikely I wouold have my card by 12/25/07. In my earlier chats they had indicated the ship date was changed to 12/19/07. With 3-5 days ground and the 19th on a Wednesday, I just didn't see it happening.

As I said before, I wanted to have a card the week of Christmas. I've taken the week off and I'm sending the wife and kids to visit her Mother :D

and so far I've bought a 24" LCD, AMD 64 X2 6400+, 3GB of ram, new PSU, and a ASUS M2N SLI board. Oh, and I asked Santa for COD4 :D

Tracking history... Help

Date and time Status DHL Facility Location
12/4/2007 9:04 pm Processed at DHL Location. Wescosville, PA
9:04 pm In transit. Wescosville, PA
12:01 am Picked Up by DHL.

So these cards are being shipped by DELL?
I thought the cards were being shipped from Taiwan.

Not really, but the comments from that rep and the other chats make me think it was very unlikely I wouold have my card by 12/25/07. In my earlier chats they had indicated the ship date was changed to 12/19/07. With 3-5 days ground and the 19th on a Wednesday, I just didn't see it happening.

As I said before, I wanted to have a card the week of Christmas. I've taken the week off and I'm sending the wife and kids to visit her Mother :D

and so far I've bought a 24" LCD, AMD 64 X2 6400+, 3GB of ram, new PSU, and a ASUS M2N SLI board. Oh, and I asked Santa for COD4 :D

Just curious, when did you order yours? I ordered mine on the 24th of November around late afternoon and I hope it doesn't get delayed like this D:

Just curious, when did you order yours? I ordered mine on the 24th of November around late afternoon and I hope it doesn't get delayed like this D:

I ordered the the morning of Nov 27th so I was a little late taking advantage of the deal.

I ordered the XFX card that was also a good deal. I haven't had such great luck with MSI's fans in the past. I think that perhaps ordering the 319 dollar evga version might have been better since I would have had it by now. As it stands, I still have to wait and see if my XFX ships when it's supposed to. If it's delayed at all past the 11th (supposed ship date), then I will cancel and find a card elsewhere.

You recieved a different card. People here got the MSI for the $207 deal.

if you look at the other thread about my order.
u will notice i originally ordered the msi for 207 (222 shipped)
i then later changed my order to the evga for 207 (222 shipped)

How did you change your order to the evga card? Did you call Dell and have them change it or did you just cancel the MSI order and make a new one?

How did you change your order to the evga card? Did you call Dell and have them change it or did you just cancel the MSI order and make a new one?

look at the other thread i created. it explains what i did.
in short, i called and asked about my order. dell said the msi was out of stock and did not know when the new inventory would arrive. i then asked if i could CHANGE my order to another video card that was support to arrive earlier. they changed me to the evga without charging me any extra. pretty cool.

With so many whiners in this thread, i'm looking forward to Funday Monday. It should be entertaining. :D

Alright I just got done with another exciting Dell Live chat and have some new details.

1:38:41 PM Michael But I would like to contact the Order Modification department to see which items are available or instock.
1:39:00 PM Varinder Kaushal Sure, Michael.
1:39:10 PM Varinder Kaushal I understand that how important it is for you to get the order.
1:39:20 PM Varinder Kaushal Not only this, they are also aware of the latest promotions and offers happening on the orders.
1:39:21 PM Varinder Kaushal You can contact them at 800 247 2076 between 8AM to 11 PM CST (Monday to Friday) and on weekends they are available between 8 am to 5pm CST.
Looks like we might be getting noticed by Dell support as a group. :D Doesn't really matter though... :rolleyes:

1:35:03 PM Michael Does item number A1324026 currectly show as backordered at your supplier and if so for how long?
1:36:40 PM Varinder Kaushal Yes, it is also back ordered and the lead time is 60 days.
1:36:52 PM Michael Whoa.

That is for the Evga Superclocked 8800 GT

1:44:56 PM Michael A1350995
1:45:48 PM Varinder Kaushal I apologize, this one is also backordered and the lead time is 45 days.

This is for the XFX 8800 GT

1:33:56 PM Michael Does item number A1348853 currently show as backordered at your supplier and if so for how long?
1:34:40 PM Varinder Kaushal I have checked the availability of the item. Currently it is out of stock.
1:34:49 PM Varinder Kaushal The lead time is of 10 days.

So far the MSI 8800 GT has the shortest lead time. Thats a good thing since thats the one most of us ordered. However I can't link to it because it isn't on Dell's site anymore. :eek: Now that might be a good thing because Dell can fulfill its current orders without getting new ones or it could mean Dell is about to cancel all of our orders and give us the finger. My "ship by or before ;)" date for two is currently 12/19 via Varinder who has been the most helpful so far.

1:40:13 PM Michael One more question.
1:40:21 PM Varinder Kaushal I would be glad to answer your question.
1:40:25 PM Michael In session id 15377446 on 11/29/07 I was told this Agent (Harpreet_Vaseer): "We'll okay to credit $20 to your account once this order ships, if you keep it till then."
1:40:33 PM Michael Was Harpreet_Vaseer authorized to make that offer?
1:41:02 PM Varinder Kaushal Yes, that is correct.
1:41:10 PM Michael Good

Its nice to know that Harpreet wasn't just trying to butter me up when he offered free shipping (since next day cost $20). If Dell tries to weasel out of it now I have the offer in not one but two chat logs.

After reading the review that was just done on the stock overclocked 8800 GTs I think I'll site back and wait for the MSI ones. Thanks to a handy little tool called WinModeSwitch I've put my Windows XP Home OEM onto my old computer without having to reinstall everything so I'm not nearly as desperate for the 8800 GTs.

if everthing is out of stock and backordered.

how in the world did i get mine so fast. when i ordered mine later than most. very wierd.

You could always go this route
I currently waiting for newegg to ship mine.

Dell currently has a 45 day wait period for the Xfx cards. Sorry guys, start cancelling your orders lol!

THIS IS MAKE NO SENSE.
because ASIA (indonesia)
starting to sell and THIS IS READY for sale! already at user price of 300 more
about late NOVEMBER.

how could USA not ready yet ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back