MSI 8800GT $208 @ Dell.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
correct me if i'm wrong but you can go over the 250$ and still get money back. You just won't get over 50$ back because thats the max.

correct me if i'm wrong but you can go over the 250$ and still get money back. You just won't get over 50$ back because thats the max.

See, I tried to check out with Paypal and never got the aforementioned "save 20% eventually" option to show. Newegg's orders showed, apparently, but not the Dell (in my experience)...

The 20% paypal deal is only 50 off of 250 per paypal account

if your better half has a paypal account or someone else in the family go that route

XFX is still going on, just ordered one. $203.46 SHIPPED after paypal $50.

Those smart folks that bit on the MSI got a hell of a deal.

I need a new video card like I need a hole in the head, but I'm a sucker or a good deal!

Thanks [H] folks!

The 20% off on the MSI would've been SMOKIN'

Speak of the devil... I went to the XFX link and clicked add to cart, then I clicked on Shipping to change it to Free shipping and when I put in my E-Mail and password for my DPA account... BOOM! up popped the MSI for $207.99! It is still in my cart!

Total shipped for the MSI is $221. If I select to pay with PayPal at checkout, will I get my 20% back??? That would make it $221 - $44 = $181 shipped. Would it fly? If it will, consider it done.

THATS CRAZY deal! 181 us ! wow......

hope i could get it before dec 8th, i will 2 more order from now.

Ya, it is a crazy deal, but the question is will it let me checkout since the MSI link is dead but it is still in my cart? Also, is there any kind of special popup or link that we need to follow to take advantage of the 20% back deal? I didn't see any popup at all, and I'm guessing if we just pay with Paypal and keep a hold of our receipt we should get the 20% refunded back, right?

Anybody else still have the MSI in their cart from when it was active?

I bit on these a couple days ago, so far so good, still in production.

GEFORCE 8800GT PCIE 512MB-DUAL DVI TVOUT OVERCLOCK Radeon HD 3870 512 MB GDDR4 PCI Express Graphics Card

Ship date shows 12/7/2007. I ordered two of the overclocked 8800gt's and one Radeon HD 3870. The 8800GT's will go on ebay, considering I don't havce a need for it, the ATI I keep

I dont trust it, how come you cant search for or browse to the product?

I can only find it through the link.

I placed my order for the MSI late Saturday night.

I've got the Best Buy order up too.

I trust Dell's supply more than anyone else's.

I dont trust it, how come you cant search for or browse to the product?

I can only find it through the link.

The hundreds if not thousands of people who bought it tend to disagree with you.

arcsum68, the reason why you can't search it is primarily because dell wants to steal your money, they do not like you, speficially, they think you are ugly and smell like farts...

just got one for the system i'm planning on building...i think its 12/11 estimated shipdate i think ?

arcsum68, the reason why you can't search it is primarily because dell wants to steal your money, they do not like you, speficially, they think you are ugly and smell like farts...

The second best post in this thread besides the original Dell link. :D

I bought an XFX card on Saturday, but I don't know if I'm eligible for the money back. I did pay through paypal, but the problem is that I never saw the ad for it.

The hundreds if not thousands of people who bought it tend to disagree with you.

Im starting not to trust me, especially since im ugly and smeel like farts, you on the other hand are an a-hole for telling me so. :D

I ordered the XFX 8800GT from Dell. I paid the extra $16 for next day business shipping. Estimated ship date: Dec 11
Estimated delivery date: Dec 12
----------------------------------------------
I'll let you guys know when/if it gets here.

Hmm, which would be a better deal? The 8800GT for $200 or 3870 for $185? Both seem smokin...

Guess, I'll go the the 8800GT. I really shouldn't be buying this, but oh well. Maybe I won't hurt too badly for it.

Ya, it is a crazy deal, but the question is will it let me checkout since the MSI link is dead but it is still in my cart? Also, is there any kind of special popup or link that we need to follow to take advantage of the 20% back deal? I didn't see any popup at all, and I'm guessing if we just pay with Paypal and keep a hold of our receipt we should get the 20% refunded back, right?

Anybody else still have the MSI in their cart from when it was active?

I did, went to checkout and it gave me an error.

Anyone want to take a guess how many orders have been placed on ATI 3800 and Nvidia 8800 cards from dell.com in the past week?

I have a feeling with the overwhelming amount of orders being placed for video cards DELL will make every effort to have all the orders shipped before Xmas.

Just a guess, stay tuned......

I don't expect to see mine anytime before or even after Christmas for that matter.

Early January maybe...

and if it arrives sooner, I'll be very surprised. This will be my second 8800GT so I'm in no hurry to receive it.

Heya all. First post here. After many weeks of lurking, this deal finally made me register.

Placed my order for the XFX on 11/25 for better warranty. MSI's kinda scared me off, especially the part where you can't install third party cooling. The Double-Lifetime warranty also sold me since I always sell my old videocards whenever I upgrade. As for the loss of clock speed, I think I'll just OC it as needed...

Estimated shipping date for me is the same for y'all: 12/10. I think we XFX'ers have a higher chance of getting in stock and shipped since MSI evidently got hit [way] more.

As for that Paypal promo thing... I don't think it applies to these products. I read about it earlier today and thought about (oh my god) canceling and reordering but after much thought, I don't think it'll apply. Though if it does, you think they will honor the promo based on when the account was charged? Mine's not charged yet, but the authorization was given on 11/25. If not, oh well, I don't really mind. Wouldn't make it if I tried canceling/reordering anyway.

On another note, this is my first "big" upgrade on this new rig I built a couple months ago. I've a Thermaltake TR2 430W PSU, and I'm guessing this is no good for the 8800GT, eh? It's only got one +12V rail and outputs only 18A. If so, what y'all think about Corsair's budget lineup of Seasonic OEM PSUs: 450VX and 550VX? Yay or nay? Thinking about picking those up to replace my TR2.

Anyway, yup, that's it for my first post, hehe. Love this forum guys; it's really resourceful. Before I registered, when I google up benchmarks, reviews w/ pics, and what not, I always included "hardforum" in the search query because, chances were, there was an extensive thread on whatever I was looking up . Guess I won't any more since I'll be browsing this site often.

Cheers.

Without knowing what else is in your system I would say you definitely need a bigger power supply, might want to do some research into the right one for your needs.

Specs are now on my sig.

As for both the MSIs and XFXs.... I hope they make it by Christmas (I'm skeptical about them having this much in stock. Let's not forget this is Dell.)

Though I doubt they'd be *trying*.
Dell actually *trying* to satisfy its customers is something like a miracle to me.
Oh well, we'll see.

As for my order status, it's still 'In Production,' and they haven't charged my account yet.

EDIT: I'll most likely get the Corsair 550VX anyway. Just wanted to hear some yays or nays.

Banger,

I haven't read about the budget line. I heard good things about the HX line, so I went with it. And it's rock solid and, quite nicely, very, very quiet. My case is a small desktop case, sitting next to me on the desk. I hear a faint hum from the video card and sometimes the CPU fan kicks up to an audible level, but otherwise I hear nothing. I can get real close to the PSU and still hear nothing. And that's with some decent gaming hardware. The PSU blows cool to lukewarm air.

Jason

Heya all. First post here. After many weeks of lurking, this deal finally made me register.

Placed my order for the XFX on 11/25 for better warranty. MSI's kinda scared me off, especially the part where you can't install third party cooling. The Double-Lifetime warranty also sold me since I always sell my old videocards whenever I upgrade. As for the loss of clock speed, I think I'll just OC it as needed...

Estimated shipping date for me is the same for y'all: 12/10. I think we XFX'ers have a higher chance of getting in stock and shipped since MSI evidently got hit [way] more.

As for that Paypal promo thing... I don't think it applies to these products. I read about it earlier today and thought about (oh my god) canceling and reordering but after much thought, I don't think it'll apply. Though if it does, you think they will honor the promo based on when the account was charged? Mine's not charged yet, but the authorization was given on 11/25. If not, oh well, I don't really mind. Wouldn't make it if I tried canceling/reordering anyway.

On another note, this is my first "big" upgrade on this new rig I built a couple months ago. I've a Thermaltake TR2 430W PSU, and I'm guessing this is no good for the 8800GT, eh? It's only got one +12V rail and outputs only 18A. If so, what y'all think about Corsair's budget lineup of Seasonic OEM PSUs: 450VX and 550VX? Yay or nay? Thinking about picking those up to replace my TR2.

Anyway, yup, that's it for my first post, hehe. Love this forum guys; it's really resourceful. Before I registered, when I google up benchmarks, reviews w/ pics, and what not, I always included "hardforum" in the search query because, chances were, there was an extensive thread on whatever I was looking up . Guess I won't any more since I'll be browsing this site often.

Cheers.

I was planning on getting a 450VX myself, but I had a situation come up that required a new PSU ASAP. I found the Antec Earthwatts 500 marked down to $69.99 at my local Circuit City. Checked it out at JonnyGuru and it's also a Seasonic unit that tested well. Sales tax was actually less than NewEgg shipping for the Corsair, so I went for it. If that deal is still going and you have a nearby CC with the Earthwatts in stock, I'd say buy it.

I've got two CCs near me. I'll check them out. Thanks a lot for the info.
Gotta get a new PSU before my 8800GT arrives (killed a 6800GS OC back in the dinosaur days of AGP due to insufficient power, lol).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back