MSI 8800GT $208 @ Dell.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
ah! I wanna bite so hard on this....Crysis and COD4 will look WAY better on this than my 7800GT....argh!

They both say "usually ships in 1-2 weeks". I was about to order too.

MSI one says it comes with 2 bundled games but they aren't named anywhere.

FOOKING HOT!!!

Of course, sometimes Dell won't ship an item for a few weeks, but typically, they're usually pretty quick.

Regardless, you AINT going to beat this deal anywhere.

I'm buying now...do I spend $222 after tax for MSI or $250 for XFX?

In for an MSI, I've spent so much on parts I don't need lately I have almost enough for a second computer.

the MSI is also clocked at 670 MHz core vs XFX's 600 MHz.

true, id choose XFX since they have double lifetime warranty.
so we can sell the card and the next person still has warranty.

eitherway, they have the same card (PCB)

bastards wont give the deal to a Canadian... seeing if i can get it lined up to charge me and get it shipped to a relatives down in the sates...

MSI has a horrible track record with quality control on their cards at higher then stock speeds.

Hot. I wonder if I should cancel my ~$290 112SP 8800GTS for this ~$240-250 card (after shipping from the States to Canada). I can have that card by Wednesday, but this one would take at least 3-5 more weeks for me to get. :confused: I can't live with the card in my sig any longer!

For those who can wait:
g92_gts_real.jpg

There’s lots of info about G92-8800GTS, and we would like review it again: it will out in 11 Dec, have 128 SP, using 8800GT’s PCB design, and have a upgraded dual slot cooler. The frequency will be 650/1625/1940MHz(core/shader/memory), higher than refrence 8800GT.

Though source mentions that G92-8800GTS will use two 6pin power connector, but the product looks only have one. the total power consumption will be as much as 140W. manufacturer suggest using a juicy ATX PSU.

There’s some pics leaked earlier, but the pic is too mall, and under that cooler actually is a naked 8800GT with changed different baffle plate. Also the power module part is different.

:up:

original post here

Oh, screw it. I'll just stick to the EVGA 8800GTS KO with 112sp. It's just not worth the hassle of waiting a month and a half to save $40.

LOL it's the 7800gtx/880gtx all over again. Dell always have these low prices but takes 2 weeks to ship. It's a good deal nevertheless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back