MSI 790FX-GD70 and ACC

lukeh182

Gawd
I've been out of the loop for a while and i just put together this new system, shown in my signature. I found out after i purchased everything that the AMD 550 can often times have the 3rd and 4th cores unlocked. I realize now that one of the Gigabyte boards would have been a better option if this were my original intent, but I found out about it after the fact. I have tried changing the ACC settings in the 1.1 1.2 and 1.3 bios versions of my board to no avail.

I am wondering if anyone has unlocked the cores with this board and if there is more i need to do to make it happen.

Thanks guys.

The new 1.4x beta bios have the ability to unlock. Only a few places have them but I got them from here :
http://www.msi-forum.de/index.php

You'll have to sign up in order to download them. Use google translate to figure out where you're going. I haven't been able to get four cores stable with a 550be and my 720 wouldn't unlock at all. Best of luck to you. Oh, the temp sensors for the cpu get all wacked out with unlocked chips so be careful. A 1.4 final should be coming in the next few weeks I'm sure.

edit: 1.41 isn't very good and the only person that I know unlocked a 720 was with 1.43 but try them all out 1.42-1.46 and see which one works out for you.

Hey I have used 1.44,1.45,1.46 they all unlocked my x3 720 (0904)
I could not get the forth core to run stable. But I dont think it was the core as i could run prime95 for 2 hours, then I would load L4D and it would hard lock, not blue screen or anything so I dont know. then i could reboot run L4D for an hour exit and prime95 would hard lock the system not error or anything just lock up no response so I am still trying to figure this thing out.

sorry went off but those are the ones i have tried with some success. as in I could boot with all 4 cores.

thanks for the info guys! even after being away for a few years the [H] never fails! I will give those a try and see what happens

Back