MSI 780ti SLI dilemma

Drew1966

n00b
I just dropped a second MSI 780ti into my new Asus VI Formula with a 4770. I loaded Far Cry 3 last night and the game reads up to 95FPS with Fraps, but the image is gameplay is incredibly choppy even with the high framerate. I have an old Dell 3008 WFP. I know all of my drivers are updated and SLI is enabled. I'm wondering if it's not my monitor producing the stuttering effect?

Artifacting maybe?
I doubt it would be the monitors issue. I've never had that happen to me.
Try maybe an older GPU if you have one lying around see if you still have that same issue. Afterwards if the issue persist you could replace the monitor.

Whats the model number of the Monitor?

Artifacting maybe?
I doubt it would be the monitors issue. I've never had that happen to me.
Try maybe an older GPU if you have one lying around see if you still have that same issue. Afterwards if the issue persist you could replace the monitor.

Whats the model number of the Monitor?

Dell W3008WFP it's 1440p and the funny thing was when I had one 780ti in, it ran smoother, but recorded less fps it averaged around 47-71 or so. But with two cards in the FPS ranged high 70's-to mid 90's, so I'm totally confused. Granted I only had around an hour or so to fool around with it as I just finished redoing the water-loop on it late last night.

Have you tried any other games? Maybe it's just a glitch w/ the FC3 SLI profile.

Have you tried any other games? Maybe it's just a glitch w/ the FC3 SLI profile.

No just Far Cry 3, and 3mark Firestrike run, which kept giving me a windows error something about windows resolution change caused an error so the test couldn't be completed.

Maybe something is wrong with one of the cards. You should test them individually.

Fc3 has had multi gpu stuttering issues forever. Turn off the in game vsync and set a frame limiter at 60 with afterburner or similar program. Should help a bunch, although you may have to deal with some tearing

Maybe something is wrong with one of the cards. You should test them individually.

I went home last night and turned v-sync on and the stuttering went down considerably. That's all the time I had to test last night. I still have to figure out the error in 3D Mark.

I was going to suggest Afterburner, as well. I think it will help just to have it installed for GPU sync. Also you might want to do a free install of drivers. I have issues with the recent beta and rolled back to the last WQHD to fix them. (Old games)

Back