MSI 7800 GTX $479 at newegg

$479 ain't a bad deal and its newegg too!

these things just keep comming down i may by one this year afterall ! :cool:

Prices getting better but still out of my price range yet. I guess if they are going down early maybe by the end of the yaer they will drop more. I want a new video card but can't spend over $200 for one yet. I have a 6600gt Pci-e and love it but just wanna upgrade for the future.I can trade on one tho if anyone has a 6800 pci-e or x800 or x850.

Its also the lite version. So its missing VIVO capabilities. I guess if you have a tuner card or don't care about that then it has 0 effect on ya. Just an FYI.

Edit: I was mistaken, I thought the lite removed the VIVO function but according to MSI's website it does (researched after newegg's description showed it to have VIVO):
http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec.asp?model=NX7800GTX-VT2D256E_(Lite)&class=vga

All 7800GTX use Nvidia reference pcb and componenets. The only different are brand hsf plate and bios...from ea. brand...

spiroh said:
It's an OEM card.

I wouldn't call this OEM since it includes the driver disc and cables. It just doesn't include software you will never use ;)

-tReP

Trepidati0n said:
I wouldn't call this OEM since it includes the driver disc and cables. It just doesn't include software you will never use ;)

-tReP

Isn't that considered whitebox then?

do you think i should bother getting this with a 3000+ venice[i will be overclocking] or is it just a waste? and what exactly is vivo?

cwinning said:
Too bad it's an MSI and not BFG or eVGA...

Doesn't matter. MSI is a VERY reputable card manufactuer. You are getting a good card at a great price w/o much effort. People pick BFG and eVGA for one of two reasons; warranty or the upgrade program. As for their "service", bah they all suck...just depends on how lucky you get.

-tReP

Back