MSI 6800 PCI-E $159.99 After rebate

You forgot to mention it includes the full version of FarCry :p . Great deal! :)

They aren't unlockable? I read the hardocp review and they were able to overclock the bejesus out of these cards but it didnt say anything about unlocking them. I was kinda hoping they were able for that

dangit! Oh well this is still a good deal for the money :) Anybody thinkin about a 6600 gt should look at this deal

i dunno, but pci-express 6800nu aren't that great. For one 6600gt is much cheaper, second the c3d x800gto is at $180~ and is unlockable to xt, theres a very good chance of it but not 100% like gto^2.

Most 6600GT models are like $140-160ish so I really feel this is a solid deal. But you dont have to take my word on it ;)

My 6800 PCI-E overclocks very well. With the Zalman I got it to core:440 mem: 840
The defaults are core:325 mem:600. I think that the 6800 is a good choice for someone who can sleep well without a 7800 GTX OC in their machine :p

BTW, the PCI-E uses a different core - can't be unlocked

Very Interesting. How do these perform? Would it be able to run any game I through at it and possibly run Source on all highest settings possible except HDR?

Well im set on this card. And ZipZoomFly has free 2nd day shipping. Very good deal indeed.

Got 2 questions now. First, how is ZipZoomFly's rebate process. Slow and poor or fast and good?

Also what ram does this use. Is it GDDR 3 ram, or just plain old DDR ram?

Straight from nvidia.com :)

High-Speed GDDR3 Memory Interface

Support for the world’s fastest GDDR3 memory delivers fluid frame rates for even the most advanced games and applications. (Supported in the GeForce Go 6800, GeForce 6800 Ultra, 6800 GT, 6800, and 6600 GT only)

As for their rebate process I am not sure as I never had a rebate from them before but I do know they ship fast and free 2nd day air is always a plus :)

That card DOES NOT HAVE GDDR3!!

Typical DDR ram. I have the AGP version that is a pretty good clocker!

I don't follow Nvidia much so is this better than getting 2 6600GTs

no I think 2 6600 GTs would get you to something like 6800 GT or 6800 GT OC performance

well the 6800 sli are definately faster at stock as they have more pipes :) The 256MB 6800 sliwill also be better at high resolutions than 6600 GT sli

Anime_Fan said:
well the 6800 sli are definately faster at stock as they have more pipes :) The 256MB 6800 sliwill also be better at high resolutions than 6600 GT sli
This is a 128mb 6800 though

Well I ordered it yesterday. Its already packed according to ZipZoomFly. Hopefully it be here by Wednesday.

Does this card have any chance of being unlocked to 16 pipes?

Back