MSI 560Ti Twin Frozr + Hawk Edition SLI, a Good Idea?

TorxT3D

Gawd
i was thinking about getting another msi 560ti twin frozr to SLI, but since the hawk is out.. would there be issues SLI matching them together? or should i stick with identical cards to alleviate any software issues??

thanks.

The only thing that change is that the hawk is clocked higher, sli will sych with the lowest one. They are the same chipset so you shouldn't have any problems...

when you say "sync" with the lowest.. does that mean the average clock speed will be recognized as the lowest? in this case.. the basic 560ti?
what if i overclock the basic 560ti to the hawk edition's clock speed and mem speed?

thanks for the info.

porter, yes, love my twin frozr 560. :D :D

It should work, but I don't think you'd get any benefits from the hawk. When running in SLI the cards match clocks. Given the marginal difference between the two and the price of the hawk, I'd just get another twin frozr, then you have two matching cards to boot.

Also when running in SLI clock adjustments happen to both cards, so they would both run at 880 or whatever, then you'd just OC them back to hawk speeds.

Since the faster card would lower it's clock to match the older card, what would be the purpose of spending the extra money? Perhaps for non-SLI applications? Maybe use the Hawk as the primary card? I'm in the same boat considering the same thing.

So we are agreed it's just best to get another 560 ti Twin Frozr and skip the Hawk?

Kyle wrote a article why the 6950 beats up the 560 Ti, it basically boils down to price. I'm hoping his article might wake manufacturers up and we can see some lowered prices for the 560 ti. Right now Kyle says the 6950 is just cheaper so it wins automatically.

You think there are any 560 ti price drops coming? Or will they try to overcharge all summer long?

I figure once the Twin Frozr 560 drops bellow $200 without a rebate I'll pick another one up.

Back