MS voice recognition

jagec

[H]F Junkie
hey, I'm trying to get the voice recognition to work in ut2k4, and I'm having mixed results. I installed the MS SDK, trained it up, and even added the words I needed (like attack, defend, etc). However, sometimes it will work great for a while, other times the bots won't recognize a thing I say. I'm wondering if it would be possible to DELETE words from the recognition software, so I could strip it down to only what I wanted (the basic commands, pretty much). That would prevent it from subsituting words ut2k4 doesn't recognize, for example "anyone" for "everyone".

Any thoughts?

well heres what it says about voice commands in the manual:

VOICE COMMAND
Bots can be commanded with your voice. Press the “Activate
Microphone” key, and clearly speak your command. To specify which
bot to use, you must say the callsign, such as Bravo or Charlie, which
shows up in the scoreboard or in the beacon that is displayed over
their head. After the callsign, speak the appropriate phrase for the
order. For example “Bravo, cover me.”
Supported commands include:
DEFEND: Defend the base.
ATTACK: Attack the enemy base.
COVER ME: The bot will protect you.
FREELANCE: The bot acts as a rover.
HOLD POSITION: The bot comes over and holds your current position.
GIMME: The bot gives you their current weapon.
There are also some hidden voice commands that you will have to discover
for yourself. Only English voice recognition is supported.

sounds to me like it's not using the microsoft voice rec software, as it says nothing about installing or training the software, although it does say you need to say their callsign and then the command, and the list of commands isn't a huge list either.

BTW, i just tested out the voice rec in ut2k4 and it worked for every command i tried, keep in mind the first time i tried the mic was way too close to my mouth and it didnt work, but now that i moved it to the side a bit it works fine, haha "bravo cover me" "roger" "bravo gimme" "yes sir" "bravo defend" "defending"

good stuff.

Originally posted by Xtasy0
well heres what it says about voice commands in the manual:

sounds to me like it's not using the microsoft voice rec software, as it says nothing about installing or training the software, although it does say you need to say their callsign and then the command, and the list of commands isn't a huge list either.
http://www.beyondunreal.com/content/articles/74_1.php

I don't know how you mananged to get it working without installing the SDK...

Originally posted by jagec
http://www.beyondunreal.com/content/articles/74_1.php

I don't know how you mananged to get it working without installing the SDK...

well the sdk is installed, it was installed previously, but its interesting that they dont mention that in the manual, i was making my assumption based on the lack of info about it in the manual.

haha, anyways, the sdk is trained on another account on this computer but it wasnt trained at all on my account.

Back