MS TechNet Subscriptions

402blownstroker

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - Nov. 2012
Can someone give me the quick run down on how it works? Or at least point me at which MS pages that explains it?

Not really too helpful. If guess I have the following specific questions:

1) Can I activate the product as many times as I want to on the same hardware while the subscription is active?

2) If the subscription expires, do activated products still remain activated?

Not really too helpful. If guess I have the following specific questions:

1) Can I activate the product as many times as I want to on the same hardware while the subscription is active?

2) If the subscription expires, do activated products still remain activated?

fwiw, I'm still using my keys from my now expired technet account and the already used keys still activate when doing a reinstall. Not sure how many times that is allowed.. but it works for me. Unused keys work also.

i've not been a technet member for over 2 years now. All my keys still work and i can still log into the site and view all my keys. I believe you get 10 installs/key

when i joined i got 10 keys as well, now you only get 2.

Thanks guys. I assume the product keys work with the downloadable iso from the MS site right?

yes the keys and downloadable iso files are all on technet. Also, you can install on 10 different pc's. They dont haev to be the same hardware for the key. I am pretty sure i have the same key on several machines currently as i switch out hardare very often and dont keep track of my keys too well.

10 installs per key for the internet activation. Pretty sure you can call in and get additional actiations for the key.

They give you a portal where you get the keys/ISO for the software you want to test. Keys don't expire with the technet subsctiption.

Yeah, anything you get through the technet sub doesn't expire. If you activate a key and then your technet sub ends, that key will still work. I believe you get 10 keys for each piece of software as well, but I'm not sure on that. The 10 installs per key is new to me, but again, I researched this about two years ago so things may have changed.

I think it's 5 for Technet Pro.

I have 10 per because I claimed them all and got a listing before they changed it.

Back