MS Technet Subscription - $251.28

mryerse

2[H]4U
Use coupon code TNWIN7L to get 28% off a full online one year subscription to TechNet Plus Direct.

Retail is $349, with this coupon the price comes to $251.28.

Link

lol... I need Windows for an HTPC build, and my desktop is still Vista, so I think I'll buy it. Then I'll get Office 2010 when it's released, and could use WHS if I ever need it.

How many keys do you get for each thing? I.e. Windows 7, Office, etc...

How many keys do you get for each thing? I.e. Windows 7, Office, etc...

Software included in TechNet Plus Subscriptions is provided with rights to evaluate. Licensed users may install included content on any number of devices for evaluation purposes only. Only the licensed subscriber may use the included products.

As far as keys go i'm not really sure.

I was going to post this....glad I did a search.

Deal ends March 31st FYI.

I just looked on my technet subscription.

You have 10 Keys of Windows 7 Ultimate (x86 or 64 bit, but 10 keys total), 10 Keys for Windows 7 Professional, 1 Multiple Activation key for Windows 7 Enterprise, 10 Windows 7 Starter Edition Keys (Netbooks), 10 Home Premium Keys, and then 10 of the same above with the "N" edition of Windows. So in total there are over 70 Windows 7 Variation keys available to t a technet subscriber.

Also Don't forget about office, Server OS, Server Applications like Exchange and the like. Great for training, better for testing than any other training I ever used.

Can we have Technet sticky somewhere so we don't have to explain what it is and how many keys you get every time there's a thread about it?

Don't see WHS or 2008 R2 listed in there...curious as to whether or not those show up for those of you with TechNet. Those are likely my next builds.

I can tell you first hand they are both in there. I have used the one key for they give you for WHS to setup my server at home. I only wish they would update the install files to Power Pack 3, its still stuck at PP1 and makes for a lot of post install updates.

I can tell you first hand they are both in there. I have used the one key for they give you for WHS to setup my server at home. I only wish they would update the install files to Power Pack 3, its still stuck at PP1 and makes for a lot of post install updates.

Sweet! They are pretty detailed about all the other software included so not including that on the list of things shown on the comparison page seems kinda silly.

Don't see WHS or 2008 R2 listed in there...curious as to whether or not those show up for those of you with TechNet. Those are likely my next builds.
Yes, you get 1 WHS license, and the same for 2008 R2.

1 key for each for server OS and 10 for client OS's ect.

How many people are moving over to Technet from Windows 7 RC1 that is going to start shutting down every 2 hours starting 1-Mar-10?

Some of us have been on TechNet for a while and used it for 7 beta/RC. My laptop is one of them :)

And yes - TechNet has every single Server release since 2003, as well as every client release from XP. Including R2 & WHS Server

There's also a couple of other neat things with TechNet - it's 60-day activation & you have 10 activations per 10 keys. The ones that are 1 key are MAK keys (Mutiple Activation Keys). I do not yet know how many activations those have, but I would assume it's a large number (when I had my first one with Server 2008, it said 10,000 activations - but that message has gone away). Anyone that experiments with computers should have a TechNet license. And I figure my home systems are "testing" for work :)

The ones that are 1 key are MAK keys (Mutiple Activation Keys).

Thanks for pointing that out, I was gonna say, but you did.

So you can get Exchange with this license?

What about the threat management gateway (formerly ISA)? Might actually be worth using for home.

Looks like I will have to make the jump to TechNet when I get my tax refund. Hell WHS is 100 bucks alone so that is very nice. I have a couple computers that need to be put on Windows 7. Thanks for the post OP. Lets hope the Tax Return makes good time before this great deal runs out.

Looks like I will have to make the jump to TechNet when I get my tax refund. Hell WHS is 100 bucks alone so that is very nice. I have a couple computers that need to be put on Windows 7. Thanks for the post OP. Lets hope the Tax Return makes good time before this great deal runs out.

Heh. Got mine and spent it already.:D

They have downloads for Exchange Server versions 2003, 2007 (x86, x64), and 2010 (x64) as well as Forefront Threat Management Gateway 2010 Standard (x64) - DVD (English).

*Update - Hmm, "This product is pre-pidded" is listed under Forefront so I'll have to figure out what that means... I'll update this shortly.

"Pre-pidded" = the product key is embedded in the download media.

I believe Exchange 2007 was x64 only. As far as Forefront - they have ISA server 2004 & 2007, as well as Forefront Threat Management Gateway 2010.

If you'd like, I can post a full list of the software available on TechNet later (without keys or downloads, of course.)

Keep in mind folks that Office 2010 is right around the corner, making this even sweeter IMO. I've downloaded every single thing I could during my sub time and look forward to Office 2010.

Keep in mind folks that Office 2010 is right around the corner, making this even sweeter IMO. I've downloaded every single thing I could during my sub time and look forward to Office 2010.

Thats probably what'll get me to buy it now for my Win7 build.

technically they don't expire, however the *license* does state they are only valid while you are a paid member of the program.

Here's the full list of everything on TechNet, for reference. I apologize for the long post, but this gives you an idea what you're getting access to :D

Applications
* Access 2003
* Access 2007
* Accounting
* Business Contact Manager
* Business Contact Manager 2010
* Business ScoreCard Manager
* Front Page
* Groove 2007
* Hyper-V Server 2008
* Hyper-V Server 2008 R2
* InfoPath 2003
* InfoPath 2007
* Interconnect 2004
* Interconnect 2007
* Internet Explorer 6.0
* Office 2003
* Office 2007
* Office 2010
* Office Communicator 2005
* Office Communicator 2007
* Office Communicator 2007 R2
* Office Communicator Web Access
* Office Servers 2007
* Office Web Applications
* Office XP
* OneNote 2003
* OneNote 2007
* Outlook 2003
* Outlook 2007
* PerformancePoint Server
* ProClarity
* Project 2002
* Project 2003
* Project 2003 Server
* Project 2007
* Project 2010
* Project Portfolio Server 2006
* Project Portfolio Server 2007
* Publisher 2003
* Publisher 2007
* SharePoint Designer 2007
* SharePoint Designer 2010
* SharePoint Foundation 2010
* Small Business Accounting(App)
* Virtual PC 2004
* Virtual PC 2007
* Virtual PC for Mac 6.1
* Virtual PC for Mac 7.0
* Virtual Server 2005
* Virtual Server 2005 R2
* Visio 2002
* Visio 2003
* Visio 2007
* Visio 2010
* Windows Virtual PC

Business Solutions
* Dynamics AX 2009
* Dynamics AX 4.0
* Dynamics Axapta 3.0
* Dynamics CRM 1.0
* Dynamics CRM 1.2
* Dynamics CRM 3.0
* Dynamics CRM 4.0
* Dynamics GP 10.0
* Dynamics GP 7.5
* Dynamics GP 8.0
* Dynamics GP 9.0
* Dynamics NAV 2009
* Dynamics NAV 4.0
* Dynamics NAV 5.0
* Dynamics Point of Sale 2009
* Point of Sale 1.0
* Small Business Accounting
* Small Business Manager Financials 7.5
* Small Business Manager Financials 8.0
* Small Business Manager Financials 9.0
* Solomon 5.5
* Solomon 6.0
* Solomon 6.5
* Solomon 7.0
* Solomon FRx

Operating Systems
* Compute Cluster Pack
* MS-DOS
* Small Business Server 2003
* Small Business Server 2003 R2
* Windows 3.1 (16-bit)
* Windows 3.11 (16-bit)
* Windows 3.2 (16-bit)
* Windows 7
* Windows Advanced Server
* Windows CE DirectX Kit
* Windows CE Toolkit Visual C++ 6.0
* Windows Essential Business Server 2008
* Windows Home Server
* Windows Internet Explorer 7
* Windows Internet Explorer 8
* Windows Server 2003
* Windows Server 2003 R2
* Windows Server 2008
* Windows Server 2008 R2
* Windows Services for UNIX 1.0
* Windows Services for UNIX 2.0
* Windows Services for UNIX 3.0
* Windows Services for UNIX 3.5
* Windows Small Business Server 2008
* Windows Storage Server 2008
* Windows Vista
* Windows XP
* Workgroups 3.11 (16-bit)

Servers
* Antigen
* Application Virtualization
* BizTalk Server 2002
* BizTalk Server 2004
* BizTalk Server 2006
* BizTalk Server 2006 R2
* BizTalk Server 2009
* BizTalk Server Accelerators and Adapters
* Commerce Server 2002
* Commerce Server 2007
* Commerce Server 2009
* Connected Services Framework
* Content Management Server
* Customer Care Framework 2005
* Customer Care Framework 2008
* Customer Care Framework 2009
* Desktop Optimization Pack
* Exchange Server 2003
* Exchange Server 2007
* Exchange Server 2010
* FAST Search Server 2010
* Forefront Client Security
* Forefront Client Security Beta
* ForeFront Protection 2010
* Forefront Security for Exchange Server
* Forefront Security for SharePoint
* Forefront Security, Office Communications Server
* Forefront Server Security Management Console
* Forefront Threat Management Gateway 2010
* Forefront Unified Access Gateway 2010
* Forms Server
* Groove Server
* Host Integration Server 2000
* Host Integration Server 2004
* Host Integration Server 2006
* Identity Integration Server 2003
* Identity Lifecycle Manager 2007
* ISA Server 2004
* ISA Server 2006
* KMS Host Server
* Live Communications Server 2003
* Live Communications Server 2005
* Office Communications Server 2007
* Office Communications Server 2007 R2
* Operations Manager 2000
* Operations Manager 2005
* Project Server
* Project Server 2010
* Search Server 2008
* Search Server 2010
* SharePoint Server 2001
* SharePoint Server 2003
* SharePoint Server 2007
* SharePoint Server 2007 Search
* SharePoint Server 2010
* Speech Server 2004
* SQL Server 2000
* SQL Server 2005
* SQL Server 2008
* SQL Server 2008 R2
* SQL Server Compact 3.5
* System Center Capacity Planner
* System Center Configuration Manager
* System Center Data Protection Manager
* System Center Essentials 2007
* System Center Mobile Device Manager
* System Center Operations Manager
* System Center Reporting Manager 2006
* System Center Virtual Machine Manager
* Systems Management Server 2003
* Systems Management Server 2003 R2

TechNet Technical Library (I believe released quaterly - it's currently Jan 2010. Most excelent resource, including the entire MS Knowledge Base on DVD.)
TechNet Technical Training
* Technet Briefings
* TechNet Webcasts
* Technical Services Guides
* Windows Server 2008 Training
* Windows Vista Training

Tools & Resources
* .NET Compact Framework 1.0
* .NET Compact Framework 2.0
* .NET Framework 1.0
* .NET Framework 1.1
* .NET Framework Redistributable 1.0
* .NET Framework Redistributable 2.0
* .NET Framework Redistributable 3.0
* Application Compatibility
* Baseline Security Analyzer 2.0.1
* Bookshelf Symbol 7
* CRC 3.05
* Data Analyzer 2002
* IIS
* ILMerge
* Internet Security and Acceleration
* Log Parser
* MSXML 4.0
* Office Resource Kit
* Services for Netware
* Solver Foundation
* SQL Server Migration Assistant
* SQL Server Tool (SQLH2)
* Translation Glossaries
* Windows Hardware Compatibility
* Windows Installer
* Windows Server Update
* Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor 1.0
* WinFS
* XML Parser 3.0

Trying to join but it wants a subscriber id. I have no idea how to get one, any help?

Trying to join but it wants a subscriber id. I have no idea how to get one, any help?

It takes a few days sometimes. If you get any email from them, it's often listed there though. :)

I believe you have to order TechNet, and then on the confirmation you should get a Subscriber ID. You then link that to your Windows Live ID and then you don't need your subscriber ID anymore :)

technically they don't expire, however the *license* does state they are only valid while you are a paid member of the program.

sooooo..

has anyone let their membership lapse and had problems with their licenses...? and how long, did you finally renew membership, had licenses going strong even though you haven't been a member for years, etc...

you also get 2 free calls to ms, although save them for something worthy of calling about. This package definitely comes in handy

sooooo..

has anyone let their membership lapse and had problems with their licenses...? and how long, did you finally renew membership, had licenses going strong even though you haven't been a member for years, etc...

I'm still using the pool of keys i obtained from when i had the 99$ subscription, ended back in August or so, i think, of last year. After the subscription ended, i was still able to download for another week or 2, but i think i couldn't obtain new keys. But i've activated WHS and server08 way after my subscription ended, no problem.

Just got my subscription. With 6 computers in the house, its an amazing deal (plus throw in Office makes it even sweeter).

Be aware that they charge sales tax. Was $20 @ 8.25% for me (dont know if they charge local, buts my local sales tax). Still an insane deal though.

Currently downloading an ISO at 1.3MBps. 2.3GB Vista ISO took about 30 minutes.

Back