MS Partner licensing questions (not MSDN)

x509

2[H]4U
My company develops products that run on MS Office, so we qualified to become an MS Partner. Not sure of the official name of the program. So we get 10 licenses for WIndows, Office, and some Office-like programs like Visio. We also get one license for Windows Server, SQL Server, etc.

However, the owner doesn't want to pay for another year when the subscription runs out in September.

So here are my questions:

My system runs on Windows 7 and Office 2013 licensed this through this program. Will these stop working once the subscription runs out?
If I have any unused licensed keys for Office or Windows when the subscription runs out, will those keys still work later on?

My system runs on Windows 7 and Office 2013 licensed this through this program. Will these stop working once the subscription runs out?

If I have any unused licensed keys for Office or Windows when the subscription runs out, will those keys still work later on?

No.

Yes

You will be in violation of the MS partner agreement if you do either of the above.

No.

Yes

You will be in violation of the MS partner agreement if you do either of the above.

Edit:
Read it wrong.

I can confirm that keys won't work after expiration, just got hit with that when I couldn't reactivate a PC with changed hardware that used keys from our recently expired MSDN sub. Put in a key from the current sub, and worked fine. Note this used to be hit or miss after expiration, but it seems like these days most keys won't let you activate.

Edit:
Read it wrong.

I can confirm that keys won't work after expiration, just got hit with that when I couldn't reactivate a PC with changed hardware that used keys from our recently expired MSDN sub. Put in a key from the current sub, and worked fine.

Mine worked just fine when my sub was expired, activations worked just fine too. I do currently have an active sub so all of my stuff is legit.

The important thing is that the OP should highly suggest to the owner that they should renew their sub to stay legal.

they just changed it... you will eventually get a pop up that the license has expired and you have 30 bays to fix it and get legit or windows will shut down after after a set amount of time.

It is called an action pack and it used to be the keys will work forever.

Also windows 7 keys will not activate on an install soon if not already, you have to use win8.x unless you call them and beg for new win7 keys.

Just looked it up after November 30, 2013 the win7 keys will not activate even if you have a current subscription.

Just looked it up after November 30, 2013 the win7 keys will not activate even if you have a current subscription.

That's really interesting. Here is why.

I had this SSD that I replaced last year when I upgraded my main system overall. I put that SSD into my "stuff" box. Then, about a month ago, I built up another system and put in that SSD. The motherboard in this system was the one that got replaced in my overall upgrade. When I powered up that system, it activated just fine.

That system also had Office 2010, which is no longer available thrugh my Action Pack. That also activated just fine.

Thanks to everyone who posted. I'm just crossing my fingers, :( but I'm also preparing to have to spend some money for two Win 7 Pro and two Office 2013 Pro licenses.:mad: And bid a fond farewell to Visio and some other stuff. :(

I don't understand the logic here.

Literally Action Pack is a licensing bonanza for a small business. The cost for two Office 2013 licenses are greater than the cost for the Action Pack licensing.

Back