MS Office replaced with Open Office & Mozilla. What application for a calendar?

Austin

[H]ard|Gawd
Hello. My trial versions of office 2003 expired. I installed OpenOffice.org and it has more than enough functionality. I relaced Outlook with Mozilla Thunderbird. The only functionality I need is a calendar. Does anyone know of a good calendar application? Anything that integrates with Thunderbird? Many thanks!

You can try the Mozilla Calendar plugin although I still find it a little buggy. Using another plugin, you can have a button on the Thunderbird toolbar to bring up the calendar program. It does it's purpose decently though, but I had a difficult time with importing data from Outlook 2003.

-Dacali

I am also interested in a replacement for outlook. That is the only program which my pocket pc syncs with. Any alternatives out there?

Sunbird is the stand alone version of the calendar plugin, something close to Outlook would probably be Thunderbird with the calendar plugin. I'm not sure if their is a good program that syncs with Pocket PCs, there are a few but they aren't very good.

I got the calendar plugin working and it will suit my needs. I do wish that there was better integration with TB, but oh well. For free I will take it.

Anyone else using Firefox and loving it?

I've been looking for a similar program, just something to help me schedule my time. I love my thunderbird and firefox so i'm not wanting to give those up for a clunky program either. Waiting for a good solution.

You could always use Palm Desktop. Its free, and you can sync with a Palm Pilot if you ever got one :D

Cheers

Back