MS Office 2013 Professional Plus for $9.95!

To get a backup DVD if you forgot:

Go back to the Home Use Program Page. There'll be a link "Need a backup DVD". Click it. It'll add to your cart just the DVD. Then check out again.

I just did this.
Same here. $10 is so low, what's another $13?

And I ended up getting a few copies on the behalf of family members. We all needed it.

Thanks OP!!!

+50 non existent rep!

To get a backup DVD if you forgot:

Go back to the Home Use Program Page. There'll be a link "Need a backup DVD". Click it. It'll add to your cart just the DVD. Then check out again.

I just did this.

I'm on the Home Use Program Page but i do not see the link you speak of.

By the way, just getting to that page caused an email to show up in my hotmail account (just like the first time). I can now buy another copy if I want (but one is all I needed).

Edit: Nevermind, I see you meant to go into the hotmail account and then in the message entitled "Microsoft HUP: Shopper account information, activation required‏" you click Buy Now and it takes you to the page where you can add the backup DVD to your cart.

Last edited:
The link I used to get the backup DVD was on the "Choose Your Copy of Office" page, underneath those little icons of the different software included in the suite.

Edit: I'm sure the link is in a few areas. Talked about in the FAQ page also. I guess the key takeaway is that you can order a back-up DVD if you forgot earlier.

Anyone else not getting the promo code to work? I have an outlook.com account and it didn't work.

ribbon... yuck :(

thanks for the info though OP. I know some people who'll appreciate this

I wonder why this is so cheap, usually Microsoft charges an arm and a leg for their Office suite.

This is part of their Home Use Program (HUP) where an employer already has an existing volume license deal with Microsoft. Generally speaking, it's marketed as a way to get employees familiar with the Office product to improve productivity and also to provide a way to get the same Office version at home in case employees need/want to work at home. The employer hopefully gets better productivity out of employees while employees get access to cheap software. Not a bad deal.

That beind said, the reason it's so cheap is that technically speaking, the license for this software is only valid for those that work for the company that's covered by the program code and only while company still has the Software Assurance coverage associated with the HUP. The HUP terms and conditions specifically state this:

13. Limitation on License Purchases and Transfers; Term of MSHUP Licenses.
Microsoft® software is licensed through MSHUP solely for the use of qualifying employees of Microsoft® volume licensing customers participating in the Microsoft® Home Use Program. For purposes of MSHUP, a qualifying employee is a licensed user of a copy of a MSHUP – eligible desktop application currently enrolled in Software Assurance coverage. A qualifying employee may order only one MSHUP license per software title. MSHUP licenses are non-transferable.

You acknowledge that your right to use Microsoft® software under an MSHUP license will expire upon the earlier of
(a) termination of your employment with the volume licensing customer through which you gained access to MSHUP, or
(b) the expiration or termination of Software Assurance coverage for the corresponding copy of the MSHUP – eligible desktop application that you use at work.

The non-transferable portion is what relates to the ebaying of the codes. If anything I think those auctions might be the killer of this deal; depending on how rampant it is I could see Microsoft killing the program code along with all activations associated with it.

Now the wife and I can live like them rich folks and get rid of our openoffice! lol.

/nothing wrong with OO.

Just expect to have this license deactivated by Microsoft unless you actually use a legitimate code.

I work for a company that has it, and it was as simple as typing in my work email to get access (there is a link to look up code). I am glad the OP posted the deal, because I did not even know this program existed.

Well said. I have people at my work who don't even know about the program and how our organization has their own code. You haven't seen happy until you shown people how to legally get hundreds of dollars worth of software for $10.

Just expect to have this license deactivated by Microsoft unless you actually use a legitimate code.

I work for a company that has it, and it was as simple as typing in my work email to get access (there is a link to look up code). I am glad the OP posted the deal, because I did not even know this program existed.

This happens all the time. I don't believe they've ever deactivated any of these codes.

IMO the leaks are intentional. They want to kickstart adoption rates and hype for new releases. Happened with Windows 8 too.

The non-transferable portion is what relates to the ebaying of the codes. If anything I think those auctions might be the killer of this deal; depending on how rampant it is I could see Microsoft killing the program code along with all activations associated with it.

Those SlickDeals folks have a knack for perpetually ruining great deals.
Be it buying up cheap software and eBaying it to make a quick $30, to ordering 100 hard drives that are valued at $250 but accidentally priced at $25, and then talking about how they screamed on the phone at customer service for an hour to try and get the deal but had no luck and talking about a lawsuit.

Some of those folks really are the scum of the Earth.

I was just helping a friend get it, and he got the same message. Either Mcsft closed it down, or the number of license keys per that program code has run out. I tried it on another Hotmail account, and everytime I add it, it says Basket is empty.

I was just helping a friend get it, and he got the same message. Either Mcsft closed it down, or the number of license keys per that program code has run out. I tried it on another Hotmail account, and everytime I add it, it says Basket is empty.

Same here. :(

Yeah, got mine last night. What's this going to retail at? I think I read something that said it was $499. If so, I think we just got the deal of the year.

To anyone that ordered and got the order in limbo thing. My order seems to have gone through. Did work for anyone else?

One day and it's dead already? Good thing I got this at 3am this morning. Too easy to get it after creating a new hotmail account. Good to play around with it on another PC. Thanks OP.

While this could very well happen, it never did when someone leaked the Office 2010 promo. I got one of those for $9.95 what, two years ago?.. and it activated when I re-did my PC a couple of months ago. (I did have my fingers crossed)

One day and it's dead already? Good thing I got this at 3am this morning. Too easy to get it after creating a new hotmail account. Good to play around with it on another PC. Thanks OP.

doubt it this is the same deal that happen with Office 2010 as well as Windows 8 fiasco a few months ago when people where buying Windows 8 for 14.99 nothing happen

Glad I got in yesterday. My boy has been wanting PowerPoint for a while now but I wasn't willing to shell out that kind of dough for it, but with this deal it was kind of a no brainier. Now to hope it don't get deactivated by MS.

Thanks again OP.

Like I said, I'm pretty sure it's an intentional leak. MS has a history of these "accidental" leaks at the beginning of major product launches. The keys never get deactivated.

For many people this is likely still available through their work email addresses. You don't even need a code if you have them send a link to a qualified work email address. Not sure if I'll get one even @ $10 as I rarely use office outside of work and my work computer is a laptop so I can take it home for the occasional rare use that isn't work related. Never did get the office 2010 deal. This program is ongoing so I can always just grab it before I change jobs if I ever need to.

doubt it this is the same deal that happen with Office 2010 as well as Windows 8 fiasco a few months ago when people where buying Windows 8 for 14.99 nothing happen
What's the fiasco? I thought it was legit? I got the promo with my laptop and never ended up following through with. And I still get reminder emails with the promo code to this day. Out of curious I did just took it all the way to the checkout point and sure enough: $14.99.

What's the fiasco? I thought it was legit? I got the promo with my laptop and never ended up following through with. And I still get reminder emails with the promo code to this day. Out of curious I did just took it all the way to the checkout point and sure enough: $14.99.

At the beginning anybody could get the 14.99 deal by entering a fake date and brand of laptop, desktop etc it never ask to enter your current windows cd-key. The deal was meant for people who had originally bought a laptop, desktop in the last few months not everyone

At the beginning anybody could get the 14.99 deal by entering a fake date and brand of laptop, desktop etc it never ask to enter your current windows cd-key. The deal was meant for people who had originally bought a laptop, desktop in the last few months not everyone
Ah, gotcha ya. Thanks.

I'm going to cruise over to the OS section and see if Win8 is worth it.

+50 non existent rep!

Hehe - that made me chuckle! Anyway I am glad you are all enjoying your $10 Office. I did a second order and opted for the DVD backup...I wonder how many of these we'll see on eBay in the next month. :rolleyes:

Back