MPeg video playback problem

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Cold Dark Shadow, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Cold Dark Shadow

Cold Dark Shadow [H]ardForum Junkie

today i tried to watch a vid i got and when i try to play it i get no video, chippy audio, CPU use shoots u p to 100% and pretty much locks up my comp. Does it when i play it in both Winamp and WMP.

Any ideas?
    Never had this happen before

2. Cold Dark Shadow

well i was having problems with other progs as well, try to launch them and the CPU would go to 100%, then i thought "wait a sec, i just installed a new vid card a few days ago and havent run these since" so i popped in my old vid card and BAM everything works again.

I guess Nvidia stuff just doesnt like me, i think im goin back to ATI.

3. Creamy Goodness

Creamy Goodness [H]Lite

well, i really dont think its possible for that to be caused by the video card. more likely the drivers or the media player or a codec issue... try vlc player - it uses built in codecs to play almost any media type. or maybe try a different output mode? like rgb instead of VMR for example. if you had an ati maybe you should uninstall any ati stuff and run the catalyst cleanup tool from the ati website too.

4. Cold Dark Shadow

i did that after i installed the new card, Updated the new card drivers and had issues so i had to re-install the old driver.

The only thng i did to fix the problem was put my old card back in and it fixed it. Either way everyting workin now so im happy