MPAA Sending Copyright Infringement Notices To Google?

HardOCP News

[H] News
The MPAA is sending copyright infringement notices to Google employees and warning the company that it might get disconnected from the internet. What!?! I'll say one thing about the MPAA, they got more balls than brains, that's for sure.

A search on ChillingEffects – a site that collects some of the DMCA notices that are sent to Google – reveals that more than 100 of these automated warnings were sent to Google in the past several months. Since Google also offers Wi-Fi hotspots in some cities, most of the infringers are not actually sharing material directly from Google headquarters. However, in some cases these warnings do appear to be aimed at Google employees.

I'll say this for the MPAA: They are definitely an equal opportunity pisser-offer!

My dad got a notice from Comcast with a cease and desist over the movie True Grits because my youngest brother was torrenting it. It seems to me that they only care on movies that just was released in theaters.

Google to MPAA: We are the internet. Stop sending us stupid letters before you are disconnected from US.

Wow, people would freak of google completely went down and got disconnected from the Internet including gmail, gtalk, google scholar, google search, most andriod phone services, etc. It would be like a ...what? that's..impossible! moment.

I wonder how many average joes would remember the names of websites like msn.com or yahoo.com that they haven't used in 5+ years. Wait, what did we use before google. we'd umm....search on...that ....site. You know, the one featured in a billboard in the Inspector Gadget movie starring Matthew Brodrick. Damn it! Why can I remember Inspector Gadget as played by Matthew Brodrick but not the name on the sign!

Wow, people would freak of google completely went down and got disconnected from the Internet including gmail, gtalk, google scholar, google search, most andriod phone services, etc. It would be like a ...what? that's..impossible! moment.

I wonder how many average joes would remember the names of websites like msn.com or yahoo.com that they haven't used in 5+ years. Wait, what did we use before google. we'd umm....search on...that ....site. You know, the one featured in a billboard in the Inspector Gadget movie starring Matthew Brodrick. Damn it! Why can I remember Inspector Gadget as played by Matthew Brodrick but not the name on the sign!

Pretty sure the MPAA won't be taking down Google any time soon. Don't worry.

NEVER piss off the 800lb gorrila in the room.

Unless there's a 1-ton gorilla on your side ready to defend you. :cool:

Getting back to the headline, I hope Google sends MPAA to hell, and ditto to the RIAA, even though they're not mentioned in this story. :D

Google should take them head on. They should totally dare the MPAA to "disconnect them from the internet." I would love to see the faces on MPAA when they get a major public backlash from the internet and in real life (their headquarters raided and overtaken).

Yah, You don't wipe a booger on the Juggernaut. Bad move MPAA.

*grabs popcorn*

They're just notices, like the ones they might send to your house. Empty, worthless, meaningless pieces of paper with shit else behind them.

I used http://www.altavista.com/ before Google. That was a crazy long time ago :D.

popcorn.gif

Oh please, try it.

I'll give the MPAA just one guess which company the government is more willing to back (and it isn't them).

I hope they try it. And we'll all be with Mr. Popcorn a few posts up.

Google should suspend all advertising and search criteria to MPAA and RIAA members and see where that gets the **AA tards. :D

And thus is the stone throw that will be remembered as the action that pushed Google to bring forth an Army.

Dear MPAA,

We can make it that you are no longer existent on the internet!

Love
Google

Fuck the MPAA. And fuck the RIAA as well. Nothing but money-hungry suits who are never satisfied.

I'm gonna laugh so hard when the MPAA suddenly vanishes from search results

To keep the results fair, Google will ban words RIAA and MPAA together with torrent, rapidshare and megaupload from instant search and suggest features :D.

MPAA wants everything censored like nazi germany if they had it their way. I hope they get shut down but we all know that'll never happen any time soon.

Google to MPAA: .... more like we'll disconnect you from us...../cheers m8

Back