MP3 tag editor?

Discussion in 'General Software' started by miskari, Nov 15, 2006.

1. miskari

miskari [H]ard|Gawd

dunno if i can post this here, but anyway...do you guys have any recommendations for a MP3 tag editor (i think thats what its called). i have a few .mp3's running around and just want to sort them out. but im sorta lost in what exact program to get, any recommendations?
    thanks

2. fireburster

fireburster [H]ard|Gawd

i use mp3tag 2.35. works well for me. Only thing that sucks now is freedb got bought out and its not really back up where you can search on their site for something mp3tag cant find.

3. tim_m

tim_m i'm so nice

4. morpheus6d9

morpheus6d9 [H]ard|Gawd

5. Cliff Couser

Cliff Couser [H]ard|Gawd

I use mp3tag also.

its simple enough and does everything you want to withut cluttering the interface.

6. DigitalMP

DigitalMP Gawd

ID3-Tagit is a resource hog, but is nice because you can also rename the file from the ID3 tag (good when copying from iPod-to-PC).

Tag & Rename is very nice for tagging from the filename, and fairly light on resources.

I'm looking for a good batch renaming app though...I've been using 1-4a for a few years, but am always on the lookout to replace it.

7. B. W.

B. W. 2[H]4U

MP3tag can rename files based on tag information. The only thing I don't like about it is that I can't use if statements (some of my songs are 1 01 - Title.mp3 because of multi-disc albums, and others are just 01 - Title.mp3, so I have to go through certain albums individually).

8. w1retap

w1retap [H]ardForum Junkie

MP3 Collector

Best program I've used so far.. it does mass renaming in any format you want. Easy to use, simple interface, fast.