MP3 Editor?

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Huan, May 8, 2005.

1. Huan

Huan [H]ard|Gawd

Is there such a thing as an MP3 editor? I copied a live cd but I noticed when the song goes to changes tracks it does this kinda hang type sound... If I could only edit the song just like a couple seconds shaved off the end would rock! Are there any such things? Perticularly in the free catagory? Btw,its not my system hanging, just how the cd ripper does the ripping I believe....

Anyone? :confused:

[​IMG]

2. theDot

theDot 2[H]4U

3. Huan

Huan [H]ard|Gawd

wow, thanks for the quick responce! Downloading it now!

Edit: This will take some getting used to.. Not sure what have of the shit it has is

[​IMG]

4. theDot

theDot 2[H]4U

If all you want to do is take a few seconds off the beginning or ending of a song... try this:

Load up the mp3, click and drag your cursor to select the dead spots at the end of the song... and press the delete key. You can preview the file to make sure you've done it right using the play/pause buttons at the top of the window.

File-->Export as MP3..

The first time you export to mp3 it will ask you for the location of the Lame encoding dll. Just copy whatever filename it wants (it's a dll) and search your HD for it, and then just browse there in Audacity and select it.

No big deals...

5. Huan

Huan [H]ard|Gawd

yeah about that play button.. When I load up the song from the get go, it just makes a quick beep/click like sound... Tried selecting the whole track but same thing nevertheless... Tried using some other mp3's with it as well... I'm gonna see if the online tour gives me any insite as to wtf i'm doing.

Edit: I can edit the hell outta some wave files, but so far no luck on editing an actual mp3.. It says it doesn't reconize the format , and that if its an uncompressed format to use the raw import... Its either that or it load up a graph which looks like a really forked stock monitoring chart and just does the beep/click sound when i hit play as mentioned above....

I feel i'm messing this up somehow :(
    [​IMG]

6. SuddenDemise

SuddenDemise Limp Gawd

download MP3 Trim, works the best IMO. I use it to shorten my MP3s so I can upload them to my Cell Phone for ringtones.

7. thursday

thursday [H]Lite

get lame: http://mitiok.cjb.net/
    extract it
    in audacity, go to the options and specify the path to the lame.dll

8. Huan

Huan [H]ard|Gawd

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, Is it possible for Windows Media player to convert your mp3's to WMA format without your knowing? It seems that a bulk of my music has turned into mp3's..... What the hell heh... I even used cdex to make em..... Damn it all,,, Well gonna go back through all my music again :rolleyes:

[​IMG] :rolleyes: