Mozilla Releases Fennec Alpha 1

HardOCP News

[H] News
Mozilla has released its first public preview of its mobile browser Fennec. The alpha release is for testing purposes only, aimed at developers, testers and those brave people that like messing around with alpha software....you know, people like you.

The focus of development so far has been on building a new user interface that reflects Firefox's design principles, and adds touch screen support and other features that are appropriate for mobile phones and other handheld devices.

Why can't they just call it Firefox Mobile? Opera calls theirs Opera Mobile, Microsoft calls theirs Internet Explorer Mobile...
I think it would be a wiser marketing move on their part to just name it Firefox Mobile. Anyone who is tech saavy enough to use a device that is capable of using this program in the first place will know immediately what the "mobile" moniker means.

Why can't they just call it Firefox Mobile? Opera calls theirs Opera Mobile, Microsoft calls theirs Internet Explorer Mobile...
I think it would be a wiser marketing move on their part to just name it Firefox Mobile. Anyone who is tech saavy enough to use a device that is capable of using this program in the first place will know immediately what the "mobile" moniker means.

I agree.

Ummm... Code name???

Back