mozilla 1.5 needs a video plugin

RedShred

2[H]4U
I'm using mozilla 1.5 on my new lappy with Windows media center and I'm using windows media 10. I've run all the updates.

When I go to putfiles or other video hosting sites and try to view a vid, most times I get the green puzzle piece that I need a plug in. However, mozilla doesnt know which it is and when I go to the download manually site, I have that stuff. I have quicktime installed and real player as well.

Any suggestions ? I dont want to have to use explorer to view this stuff.

thanks bunches... scotch all around.

I had the same issue - First reponse was that this new firefox isn't all it's cracked up to be. But an upgrade in WiMP fixed this problem. Still not happy with how 1.5 handles plugins at this point.

For most of those sites, it should be trying to load Windows Media Player to play the files. Why it's giving you the green puzzle piece, I'm not sure. I usually just get a blank screen and maybe some sound from the file.

You may want to look into IE Tab or another extension that allows you to open an IE tab in Firefox for sites like this. That's what I normally do.

Also, do you have Flash installed? I use something to stop Flash from playing immediately and it has a tendancy to stop videos from starting on their own. I have to click on the little icon that's in place to get the video to start playing. If you don't have Flash installed, that could be a missing plug-in.

I had a problem getting movies to play when I first started using Firefox. I found this knowledge base article that has step by step instructions to make sure you have the right DLL files in your plugin folder. Try it out and see if it works.

Back