Moving windows 7 install to another drive

Archer75

Supreme [H]ardness
I currently have windows 7 x64 build 7048 installed on a 160gb drive. I'm only using about 38gb of it.

I want to know how to move this installation over to a 150gb raptor I also have in this computer.
Windows imaging just puts a image file on that drive. I have tried driveimageXML but it won't do it because the 2nd drive is slightly smaller than the original. Even though I only have a small amount of data.

Is it possible to move my windows 7 install from my 160gb drive to my 150gb drive and have it bootable?

Possible Acronis True Image?

I do this all the time with an app for OS X called Superduper, easy as can be. Gives a nice little interface where you select a source drive and a destination drive. I know that doesn't help you but hopefully there is a Windows app that is that simple. Somehow I doubt that though, it will be drowning in a million options and parameters...

Sorry for my rant, I have temporarily switched to using my iMac full time and have been missing its incredible ease of use.

Possible Acronis True Image?

I do this all the time with an app for OS X called Superduper, easy as can be. Gives a nice little interface where you select a source drive and a destination drive. I know that doesn't help you but hopefully there is a Windows app that is that simple. Somehow I doubt that though, it will be drowning in a million options and parameters...

Sorry for my rant, I have temporarily switched to using my iMac full time and have been missing its incredible ease of use.

I've been using True Image and another tool called Disk Director for quite a few years. Very simple and straightforward and powerful. Good software on Windows these days is just as easy as anything on a Mac. True Image was a good recommendation.

Easier then this? :p

SuperDuper-Main.gif

SuperDuperDescription.html

Back