Moving from the Silverstone Raven to RV02 (semi-review w/ lots of pics)

Temps are from speedfan. Ive checked this case 3 times.. all fans are on high setting but the bottom fans blow so little air I can see why the cooling is so bad on this case.. either way I shipped it back and put my cosmos in and my ambient went down 10c.

If this is the case, there's something wrong with the fans. There's no reason the fans should be blowing that little air. I have mine on LOW because I don't even need them on HIGH to have great cooling. Even on low, the 180mm fans push a noticeable amount of air. The RV02 is tied with the Lian Li PC-B70 as the best aircooling case I've used yet. I'd look into getting Silverstone to replace the fans before giving up on this case - it's a great case.

There might be something wrong with them then.. when I put my hands over them I can barely feel the air (this si with the fan guards on) but the fins and everything are spinning.. they are reading 1000rpm on speedfan.

Temps are from speedfan. Ive checked this case 3 times.. all fans are on high setting but the bottom fans blow so little air I can see why the cooling is so bad on this case.. either way I shipped it back and put my cosmos in and my ambient went down 10c.

I am not sure if I would trust speedfan to correctly report your "case temp" though. How about the temperature from other components like CPU and GPU?

I don't believe a Cosmos in its stock configuration can have 10C better case temp than the RV02 on high so something must have been wrong with your case. :(

I am not sure if I would trust speedfan to correctly report your "case temp" though. How about the temperature from other components like CPU and GPU?

I don't believe a Cosmos in its stock configuration can have 10C better case temp than the RV02 on high so something must have been wrong with your case. :(

RV02 in one review matched the temps of an open bench PC.

Hey Tony, will the FT02 be announced soon? Just want to know that the wait is not going to extend into November.

Cosmos cooler than a RV02? Surely you must jest. I found the Cosmos (not S) VERY VERY warm without modding the side panel.

The RV02 is interesting and I have one waiting to be put together with lots of goodies. :)

Hey Tony, will the FT02 be announced soon? Just want to know that the wait is not going to extend into November.

Sorry, I don't have release date yet so this is not good news. We are very likely looking at November availability now.

Back