Moving from an Athlon 64 3200+ to a LGA 755

I'm trying to figure out my next pc upgrade, and i'm looking at the Intel LGA755's right now. I wanted to upgrade to the 3500+ but it's out of my price range.

I use my machine mostly for gaming, and using photoshop among the normal web surfing, word processing, ect.

I was looking at the 3.2. What would the performance difference be between the 3200+ and the P4 3.2 be? Would it be worth it, or should I just stick with my 3200+?

Almost no diff. Unless you OC the Intel processor past 4.0 ghz speed, then ur really grindin ;)

Personally if I were you I would just hold on and wait until something at least a little faster appeared. No matter which way you go, AMD or Intel - at the moment it just isnt worth it. Chances are, even with the topmost CPU from either family you will struggle to notice any difference at all.

Im in a similar situation, Ive had my P4 2.4C @ 3.6 for well over 14 months now and was itching for an upgrade and something new to play around with. However, it doesnt really seem that anything is worth buying at the moment, as I probably wont notice any difference.

Back