Movie to SD card or USB flash drive.

John S

n00b
Hi, I bought the following portable dvd player:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07L8RH6VW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I would like to play any movie format downloaded on my PC and place it on a USB flash drive or on a SD card. I know i cant just copy and paste videos on it coz it says NOT RECOGNIZABLE. Do i need to use some sort of converter and change it to a certain format? If yes, what settings do I need to use for it plz?

Plz clue me on on how to do this as I am a newbie setting this type of thing up. Greatly appreciate any help.

Thx

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
According to the specs you're going to need to rip to Xvid(it's the royalty free version of Divx). Whichever ripper you try just make sure to use compatibility type settings and the file should be fine. As this kind of stuff can easily lead to piracy I won't provide more instruction on this part.

In terms of sd or usb I'd recommend a low profile usb due to the unknowns regarding the SD card capability. These days there are a lot of great SD options but no guarantee of what the player will accept. If you or someone you know has a bunch of cards you could always experiment to find what works. In the question section someone mentioned 16GB which is a really odd thing and if true(doubtful) then you'd have very limited options. Google low profile USB's and if you have a computer with USB 3.0 then I'd recommend something like that. The player looks like 2.0 ports but 3.0 is fully backwards compatible but when ripping you're files it would be much faster. With the low profile type usb it shouldn't protrude so much as to be a hassle also. Again, because of unknowns, I keep the size limited to 64GB or 128GB but it's possible it could use much larger.

Good luck!

Personally I'd return what you bought and snag one of the several dozen decent android tablets that can be had for under 100 bucks these days. Not only will you be able to play anything you can put on an SD card but you'll also gain all the functionality of the tablet.

Back