Movie Studios Want to Copy Megaupload’s Servers

HardOCP News

[H] News
It would seem that Hollywood is getting more impatient as this case just keeps dragging on and on. Now, I'm no fan of Kim Dotcom and I think he is going to lose on all fronts, but I have no idea why Hollywood thinks it's entitled to copies of Megaupload's servers. Any legal experts in the house that can explain this one to me?

Hollywood's major movie studios are protesting a request from Megaupload's legal team to put their civil lawsuit on hold for another six months. The movie studios will only agree to the request if they can get copies of the Megaupload servers stored at Cogent, something the defunct cloud-hosting service fiercely objects to.

Im ok with it as long as they have to deal with the typical shit we do when using mega. They can download the servers at 300kbps and if it fails or is cancelled they start over.

So they can count how many times each file was copied, and fine him $250,000 and 5 years in jail for each copy of every file. Then the movie studios will realize how many hundreds of trillions+ of dollars in money they "lost"... (not an expert though)

My problem is, how has this gotten this far? It should have simply been dismissed years ago...

They (new zealand) illegally used the security services to spy on a citizen, something prohibited by law...thus making the entire operation illegal in terms of evidence and arrest...Oh wait... kind of reminds me of the Silk Road investigation and the inability of the feds to explain how they found the silk roads servers, or allow a fair defense.... yea.. nevermind..the US government can break the law and/or ignore it to uphold it... Makes perfect sense to me now..Carry on the prosecution...nothing to see here...the unemployment rate is going down too...just apparently not in this dimension...

Back