Movie Studio Wants To Interrogate Suspected Pirates

HardOCP News

[H] News
This seems like a reasonable request. :rolleyes:

The movie studio behind the movie Dallas Buyers Club continues to hunt alleged copyright infringers in the United States. In a new court filing the company explains the measures it takes identify the true pirates. As part of this strategy the filmmakers want the court to grant two hour depositions of Internet subscribers whose connections were used to pirate the film.

They want to bring ISP customers in and publicly shame them? Good luck.

Why does this make me think of the episode of Firefly where the camera was juumping between crew members as the Alliance was questioning them and Jane was just sitting there with his arms crossed, not saying anything but scowling at the interrogator every time it showed him?

Why does this make me think of the episode of Firefly where the camera was juumping between crew members as the Alliance was questioning them and Jane was just sitting there with his arms crossed, not saying anything but scowling at the interrogator every time it showed him?

For me, I pictured Neo's interrogation scene in The Matrix (except it would stop just before the whole sealing the person's mouth shut thing).

"How about... I give you the finger... and you give me my phone call."

Some of his movies are pretty good.

Now if they made you watch telletubbies or power rangers.. that would be real torture.

Happy Gilmore is good, Billy Madison is ok, and Grandma's Boy is actually pretty funny (probably because Sandler isn't in it). Everything else is terrible.

How do they know the security settings of the router the alleged infringer was using? Legally that is.

Have they made job postings looking for people with experience in conducting waterboarding yet? I'm sure they're thinking it would be justified somehow.

what are they gonna do run back to back Obama speeches till they crack?

They will sentence you to the Death of a Thousand Tilly's ... you will have to watch a marathon of the Tilly sisters films (Meg and Jennifer) until you confess or your eyes explode :D

I'd just unzip my fly and piss in the copyright troll lawyer's face.

No you wouldn't and if you honestly think that, you're living in like a total fantasy world made from lame books and silly movies. Doing that just mean you get arrested for felony assault and indecent exposure which would mean you'd not only hafta deal with the civil case for piracy, but also a different set of criminal charges.

OMG, the non-reality of people is just amazing sometimes. That's stuff I'd expect like one of my guy friends from high school to have said just to be all blustery and impressive to some circle of boys that were listening to him, not an adult. Wow...just totally wow. :eek:

LOL

After being told they need to pay 2 million $ bond to gain the details of Australian downloaders, looks like they've given up and gone back to the USA. :)

Back