Moveing Caps to the back of the motherboard?

Originally posted by I(illa Bee
ok, my server is now out of commission, tried to fix it this weekend, i got the pics, how many, What size limits, where do i send?

Thanks that pretty cool of you.

Just pm me and I can set them up. Prolly keep them under 300k or something. I have a ton of bandwidth and a ton of space, so as many as you want to send. Plus my mail box can take any size attachments so no worries about filling it once you pm me for the addy. =P

ok here we go
s10010001-Caps2.JPG

s10010001-Caps1.JPG

s10010001-Caps3.JPG

I also re-located one cap by the NB to the back because ill be adding a loarg matching heatsink to the NB, (matches the regulator HS)

Nice. I look forward to the cooling solution you come with. Please post more pics as you make progress.

Originally posted by mbmadness
Nice. I look forward to the cooling solution you come with. Please post more pics as you make progress.

I rerally want to water cool it, but i just cant justifiy the work vs need, Any long time water coolers know what a pain in the ass it is to edit your water loop...

Plus, they dont get all that hot...i think a nice HS will do just fine.

best.
mod.
ever.

:D

Great idea for the DFI boards seeing as how a lot of HSF's won't fit because of the caps located by the CPU socket

great work I(illa Bee, without doubt one of the [H]ardest mods i've ever seen. Cant wait to see some more pics with the cooling solution intigrated. and well done for proving your doubters wrong.

hot damn. now that is original.

im hoping that your custom cooling for that will be equally impressive. im curious to see how this helps your case temps / FSB limits.

Originally posted by Garage81
hot damn. now that is original.

im hoping that your custom cooling for that will be equally impressive. im curious to see how this helps your case temps / FSB limits.

shit i may just have to water cool it now...hahaha, i wasnt going to...but errrr...

That is soooo hardc0re, does it actually work? And how about the mounting of the motherboard, is that a problem? Anyway, a great mod, soldering anything makes it better :)

I had to cut the mobo tray to fit it... I allready did it, but i havent taken any pics yet... :(

the cut isnt all that good looking anyway, due to no one being abel to see it anyway.

PS YES IT WORKS!! I have allreadty booted the system

i've seen people remove the LPT port connector. i've seen people turn the COM port connector 90 degrees so that it was inside the case. i've seen lots of things...

but THAT... WAS... INSANE!... excellent job! i am surprised you didn't fry anything. :) wow.

[H]ard. very [H]ard.

dya know i'm ever so slighlty tempted to try this myself cuz the airflow round my mosfets is crap. one of them in particular gets pretty toasty and the low voltages and slight fluctuation of my vcore etc imo is down to that.

hmmm...

it wasnt that hard to do, and in theroy there no reason why is shouldnt work...

I just gave my motherbord bath in some sopey water.. the used high pressure air to clean it... (no the cans) air lines form a huge compressor...its all shinny now, but i need a day to let it dry just in case...

I got a little lazy and didnt feel like removeing the printer port and com ports and makeing a air duct...i play on doing it, but i really just wanted to get the system back together to try my ne 2400+ mobile

im haveing problem right now and i cant tell if it my overclock or somethign wrong with the mobo, it will not hold the Cmos settings every cold bood it wont post, i have to clear the Cmos battery and then boot and re config everything.

s10010001-MOSFET1.JPG

In case you wondering, yes i did sand the mosfets flat so they all sit flat on the heat sinks.
s10010001-MOSFET2.JPG

that heat sink is awsome... nice show on that.

the battery in it is good?

since that is an Abit board: I had a similar problem with my AN7 when i first got it. Try this:

1. set the jumper than manually sets the bus to 100 (or 133 no sure anymore) MHz

2. boot up and configure bios

3. reboot and check bios settings

4. shutdown

5. remove jumper

that fixed it for me. Now my bios holds the stuff perfectly.

I(illa, that's the [H]ardest thing I've seen in a month of Sundays, bro.

Front-page shiz-nit if I've ever seen anything that is.*

Props, man. Major props.

*if Kyle's already linked it up front, shame on me for missing it.

*Damn*, that's freaking sweet. Don't have nearly the quality soldering iron needed to do that, though (Radio Shack jobbies are fine for vModing things, but that kinda work...*whew*)

How long did it take you to do all that? Thought about doing it for profit (IE., charging someone to do it for their board)?

I mean, if you have a $300 soldering iron laying around...need to put it to some use, eh?

I made the front page? I dont see it?

anyway got some pics

s10010001-mosback2.JPG

s10010001-mosback.JPG

s10010001-blockon1.JPG

"I NEED ZIP TIES ASAP" ....."ROGER CAPT."
s10010001-inside1.JPG

Ill be going with the "White Bright as F'in wallmart look"
s10010001-lights.JPG

And what a mess....wow
s10010001-Mess1.JPG

Oh. My. God. You've got some real cajones, man. That is the [H]ardest thing I've ever seen, good job!

Originally posted by dderidex
*Damn*, that's freaking sweet. Don't have nearly the quality soldering iron needed to do that, though (Radio Shack jobbies are fine for vModing things, but that kinda work...*whew*)

How long did it take you to do all that? Thought about doing it for profit (IE., charging someone to do it for their board)?

I mean, if you have a $300 soldering iron laying around...need to put it to some use, eh?

I haven't read the whole thread, but why do you need a $300 soldering station to move caps and coils? I could do it on my $7 radio shack POS just as well as on my nicer WES50.

Moving SMDs and chips is a whole different ball game. :p

Nice job man, definitly [H]

Now do some volt mods and lets see some numbers!

Do some voltmods and show results./....hahaha...

as of right now my computer has 12v, 5v and 3.3v rail moded on my antec 550w, NB voltage up tp 2.0v, memory running 3.1-3.3v
Video card GPU Core volt increase and memory... Plus a U133 controller converted to RAID... :)

Now on another note, last light after messing with my system I plugged the system PSU all back in and turned it on and its all went crazy and would not turn on, after trouble shooting it for a wile I realized my 3.3v rail was running at 3.93v. Im not sure how but it must have gotten cranked up it was at 3.5v...

Needless to say I fired my motherboard, (yea the one i just did all the work to)

Luckily, I didn’t kill my CPU, GPU or memory, and after cranking my PSU 3.3v line down my PSU still works.

I placed my order for a "DFI NFII Infinty Ultra" from new egg for 102.36 Shipped.

Yea i know there about 10 bucks cheaper at GameVE, but everytime i get free FEDex Shipper Saver from newegg its get here in on day. It shouidl be here tommorow by n00n.

I live about 2 hours form there warehouse...

just any FYI: before she fired my nf7 i was clocking 245x11 (2.695)

I placed my order for a "DFI NFII Infinty Ultra" from new egg for 102.36 Shipped.

Yea i know there about 10 bucks cheaper at GameVE, but everytime i get free FEDex Shipper Saver from newegg its get here in on day. It shouidl be here tommorow by n00n.

I live about 2 hours form there warehouse...

just any FYI: before she fired my nf7 i was clocking 245x11 (2.695)

better luck next time!

well my DFI infinty cam in today...i got it in my hand but cant play untill after work... )-;

It says on the front of the box that it has soundstorm? is that ture? newegg said it has AC97 or somethign like that...

Do some voltmods and show results./....hahaha...

as of right now my computer has 12v, 5v and 3.3v rail moded on my antec 550w, NB voltage up tp 2.0v, memory running 3.1-3.3v
Video card GPU Core volt increase and memory... Plus a U133 controller converted to RAID... :)

Now on another note, last light after messing with my system I plugged the system PSU all back in and turned it on and its all went crazy and would not turn on, after trouble shooting it for a wile I realized my 3.3v rail was running at 3.93v. Im not sure how but it must have gotten cranked up it was at 3.5v...

Needless to say I fired my motherboard, (yea the one i just did all the work to)

Luckily, I didn’t kill my CPU, GPU or memory, and after cranking my PSU 3.3v line down my PSU still works.

Apearently...it took out my video card too...i just finished installing my new DFI infinty ultra, and my BFG 5900nu (610/980) ..will not come on!...fuck!

I think im going to cry....or RMA it.... ;)

but probely jsut another 5900core Keychain for me... too bad with my new addition to my family, i cant afford a new one... HAHHA

EDIT: I jsut got BF Vietnam too!!!! and i know my olf mx200 isnt going to cut it..

Apearently...it took out my video card too...i just finished installing my new DFI infinty ultra, and my BFG 5900nu (610/980) ..will not come on!...fuck!

I think im going to cry....or RMA it.... ;)

but probely jsut another 5900core Keychain for me... too bad with my new addition to my family, i cant afford a new one... HAHHA

EDIT: I jsut got BF Vietnam too!!!! and i know my olf mx200 isnt going to cut it..

"APEARENTLY" it wasnt my GPU, it was a know (or know to DFI useres) Cold and warm boot problem with DFI boards...I guss all i had to do it when the system comes one with no video just wait untill i hear the CDRom startup and then push the reset button and Vualla! it boots, all and all, my 5900nu is OK!

Too badd in the troubel-shooting steps i took i removed the voltmods...boooo me.

you gonna show this board as much love as the last? interesting mod to follow.

Originally posted by Garage81
you gonna show this board as much love as the last? interesting mod to follow.

well there is only a few caps in the way...so some may find there way to the back, but not as many as my Nf7...Of course there will be voltmods, but it allready offers 3.3v DDR, and 1.9v Chipset...

So i will need to do a voltmod the the CPU as it onyl lets me go to 2.0v and mabey a smalle incress to 2.0-2.1v chipset...

it really is a more overclocking friendly board stock...so not as much work will be needed.....Im allready running it 242FSB x 11ratio...for 2.66Ghz....shit... its priming right now...

well there is only a few caps in the way...so some may find there way to the back, but not as many as my Nf7...Of course there will be voltmods, but it allready offers 3.3v DDR, and 1.9v Chipset...

So i will need to do a voltmod the the CPU as it onyl lets me go to 2.0v and mabey a smalle incress to 2.0-2.1v chipset...

it really is a more overclocking friendly board stock...so not as much work will be needed.....Im allready running it 242FSB x 11ratio...for 2.66Ghz....shit... its priming right now...

2.6?? What chip is that?

Definately a nice mod though mate. Very original.

It'd look all the more better if you stuck it in an alienware case with a premod window too.. :D

Originally posted by SKiTLz
2.6?? What chip is that?

Definately a nice mod though mate. Very original.

It'd look all the more better if you stuck it in an alienware case with a premod window too.. :D

its a week 43 barton 2400+ mobile CPU...hehe1.25v stock...

and about the alienwarew case.....That woud kick ass if i had one of those scweet L33t cases!!!!11

Back