Move Your Pictures from Facebook to Google+

That's terribly convenient. I wonder what lengths Facebook will go to stop this. They're turning into AOL.

It works very slick. Easy to select entire albums or only a few pictures. Also, it keeps track of what you have transferred so you don't have to do it all at once.

The ONLY "downside" is that in order to make them visible on Google+ you have to share them with your circles.... now that is a good thing in that you can thus transfer ALL your photos off Facebook to Picasa and then selectively share them later.

HOWEVER, in order to share a photo album, it has to be posted to your news feed... which means if you want to basically want to migrate your albums over to Google+, you have to spam the crap out of the stream in order to share them all :( Not the absolute worst thing ever, but if lots of people started doing it, it could be annoying.

Though theoretically, once you do it once, it's done for good. It'd be nice if there was a way to "share" albums (i.e. just make them VISIBLE) without having to post things to the stream. I tried sharing and then just deleting the "X shared these pictures" post, but it undoes the sharing on the actual photos themselves.

why did google start google+, really im happy with facebook, dont need extra accounts elsewhere, one place is good enough.

why did google start google+, really im happy with facebook, dont need extra accounts elsewhere, one place is good enough.

For the same reason Microsoft release the Zune... market share.

Now if only someone were kind enough to extend a Google+ invite to me :)

For the same reason they made Android. And my, how the mobile landscape has changed since the G1.

Resist complacency.

I didn't get an invite either, therefor Google+ does not exist. Please refrain from any further comments on it's alleged awesomeness. ;)

I didn't get an invite either, therefor Google+ does not exist. Please refrain from any further comments on it's alleged awesomeness. ;)

Check out he thread under "Free Stuff" there's a whole big thread on getting invites :D

Here is the thing with tech. Vertical integration is very important. If you have a popular product you can use that product to convince your customers to use other products. For instance internet explorer and office killed off netscape and lotus because M$ used windows to get that done. And apple used it's iPod to get it intot he music industry and phones and even sell their computers again. If face book keeps moving and becomes so dominant eventually they could displace google as the default way people search. So google sees it as important to at least challange facebook in an attempt to stop that. Every company would eventually take over everything if they could. So any company must create products to prevent that from happening.

Wait, I'm a Google Adsense Publisher, I'm a Google Adwords Advertiser, I'm a Google Groups User, I'm a Google Gmail user, I have a Google global login,

.....and then I need a friggin INVITE to get Google+ ??????

I dont get it....

I have resisted getting a facebook acct. for years. Now google comes along and starts their own social network in an obvious eyeball grab maneuver, and gosh darn it, I am curious.

I have long been a late adopter, (just got win 7a couple months ago, waited almost 2 years to get a droid phone, still dragging my feet on blueray). Now that there may be some competition, is Google+ worth taking the plunge?

I have resisted getting a facebook acct. for years. Now google comes along and starts their own social network in an obvious eyeball grab maneuver, and gosh darn it, I am curious.

I have long been a late adopter, (just got win 7a couple months ago, waited almost 2 years to get a droid phone, still dragging my feet on blueray). Now that there may be some competition, is Google+ worth taking the plunge?

I have to say I like it. For example, you can have all of your friends and bosses/employees as your G+ friends, and just put them in different circles, so that posts you don't want them to be a part of (or know about) don't get exposed, but their social angst of having to be "friends" with you is satisfied. I really like the implementation of circles in G+. Would suggest you check it out, get an invite the in the "free stuff" forum subsection.

I have to say I like it. For example, you can have all of your friends and bosses/employees as your G+ friends, and just put them in different circles, so that posts you don't want them to be a part of (or know about) don't get exposed, but their social angst of having to be "friends" with you is satisfied. I really like the implementation of circles in G+. Would suggest you check it out, get an invite the in the "free stuff" forum subsection.

I can't believe how generous you are being with your google+ invite! You are going to be my first "friend"!

Does Picasa still have that retarded 1 gig limit though? Or has that changed? I used Picasa exclusively until I ran into that issue.

I can have 7 gigs of storage on an email account which I will never in a million years use, but I can't have more than one gig of photo storage? Really Google? I love your stuff, but that's just stupid.

$$$.
They seen how much money is to be made with social networking and are putting a lot of effort into it this time around so they can "cash in".
Gonna be funny once they start putting all the ads in place, lol.

^This. Facebook is getting more and more of a headache due to as George Kastanza would say worlds colliding. Just joined this morning, the app to upload photos to picasa worked very nicely albeit fairly slow, so thanks for the link.

Does Picasa still have that retarded 1 gig limit though? Or has that changed? I used Picasa exclusively until I ran into that issue.

I can have 7 gigs of storage on an email account which I will never in a million years use, but I can't have more than one gig of photo storage? Really Google? I love your stuff, but that's just stupid.

Uploads of photos through Google+ do not count towards the Picasa limit.

I tested using this extension and it still says "0 MB (0% ) of your 1024 MB".

So YES Picasa does still have "that retarded 1 gig limit", but it doesn't apply to anything Google+ related :) Upload away!

Back