Mousepads.. Which one you guys like?

I and my wife both use the Ratpadz GS,I have had mine for 4 years now,and it still is great.I am thining of picking up an XT in the spring.

At home I use a Logitech G5 with a Func F-Series Large Pad. I personally believe that this is the single best combo I have ever used.

At work I use a Logitech MX518 with a Second Generation Ratpadz. That's the second best combo I've used.

I'd say get a Func F-Series with a custom picture on it. It is SO smooth for gaming.

To the people using cardboard, paper, cheap pads and desks, you don't know what you're missing. The added control and speed is definitely worth a few more bucks over using that garbage. My desks was actually pretty slick but it started wearing out where I moused. I gave a few hardsurfaces a try but they kept wearing out quick and unevenly not to mention the tore up my poor mousefeet. I decided to look into the nicer cloth pads for their comfort and big sizes (18 inches for a 360 anyone?). A good cloth pad isn't as unresponsive and frictionful (lol I made up a word) as the cheapo cloth pads you see at Wal-Mart. I ended up going with a fatpad and it's been good to me 2 years later. I haven't noticed its surface wear down at all. Its still as consistent as the day I got it. Only downside I see is that it has faded with time but that isn't a big deal to me. If I had to go out and get a new pad tomorrow I'd go with a qck+.

Redshirt #24 said:
These are more like mouse mats or platforms than traditional pads, FWIW.

Me, I'm still kicking along with my Ratpadz GS (three years and change now).

I wore down all of the bumps on a Ratpadz GS in less than a year. Once they wear down a bit, you go from slick to stick.

I'm using a G7 with Func F.130.R nowadays and I don't think that I'll ever feel the need to upgrade either of them. I will have to replace the battery packs on the g7 at some point, though.

eastvillager said:
I wore down all of the bumps on a Ratpadz GS in less than a year. Once they wear down a bit, you go from slick to stick.

I'm using a G7 with Func F.130.R nowadays and I don't think that I'll ever feel the need to upgrade either of them. I will have to replace the battery packs on the g7 at some point, though.

Thats the problem I am having now with my GS,allot of the bumps are worn down which makes for a uneven tracking expirience when gaming and stuff. My wife doesnt game much,so hers is fine even after 4 years using it.I just wish the RATZ pad was bigger,its
my one and only complaint,is the size. What alternatives are there out on the market
for the same scratch or a just a bit more $. I want something like the RATZ,but 30% to
50% larger in size.Thanks in advance guys. :)

I've been a Ratpadz user for many many years and my poor GS is well over 3 years old and definately isn't what it was it's first year. A good portion of the texture is worn down and you can clearly see the support structure from the top of the mousepad now. It also doesn't allow my mouse to glide across it like it did so long ago. But the thing kicked ass for it's first year of use.

Thankfully Kyle extended a special offer to me recently and I just took advantage of it, so I'm expecting a brand new Ratpadz XT in a few days. :D

I can't wait!

Everglide Destrukt DKT cloth pad. Just a huge cloth pad with a pro gamers name on it, but I love it regardless.

The razor exactmat goes great with my logitech MX518 mouse, the textured surface is great for everyday, the smooth side is great for games like fear combat. The best part of all is that the surfaces are on an aluminum plate.

It's old but I still like it...

my.php

My Ratpad is missing some feet and is a little warped. But I've had it for years and years.

Im not a gamer just a PC enthusiast, I have a G15, MX Revolution and SteelPad 5L got the SteelPad 5L @ Microcenter Open Box for 5.99 + tax OTD very nice :cool: :)

I have tried all the plastic/polymer pads and went back to cloth.. I just like the motion/glide over cloth feel better.. maybe I need to try an RP XT tho.. hrm I had the GS version and wore down the center of it.. oi!

i used cheap mousepads until i bought me a func prolly 3-4 years ago,been with it since and im quite happy with it,will buy a ratpadz XT just to see how it is compared to my current 1 tho.

Just ordered an XT...Will also post my thoughts when i get it and use.

I had a ratpadz GS but it wore away rather quickly. I asked for an fUnc sUrface 1030 Archetype for my birthday, before I knew about the XT, sadly. I'd have loved to try it because as long as my GS wasn't worn to hell it was amazing mousepad.

Digital Oxide said:
Steelpad QCK+ / G5 for the ultimate low-sensitivity setup.
Steelpad QcK+ and an Mx518 here. I play CoD2 in ultra low DPI, and with 17" x 19" or whatever I <3 it.

I got the Func Surface 1030. It has been going for 2 years strong now. This is the smoothest mouse pad I have ever used. I have tried the Icemat 2, Steelpad, but none have that smooth feeling like my 1030. Func has come out with some newer ones so I would nab one of the newer versions.

bare desk for me. i never liked mouse pad because they seem to restict my movements. now i never got a high end mouse pad so i would not know how those are.

I use a Razer Mantis "Speed" (same surface as everglide cloth pads such as the DKT)with a g5 and it works pretty well. I used to swear by func mousepads for the past 4-5 years until the g5 convinced me to look into something else with its skipping issues on the rough side. I'm really not missing it at all, the consistency of cloth is really nice. The g5 on the otherhand I feel is one of the most over-rated mice ever :) My mx500 never skipped, same with my explorer 3.0!
Also, If you are going to use a pad with inconsistencies and a somewhat low sensitivity, do not buy a g5! The mx518 is almost the same thing only with optical technology which offers superior tracking imo. ESreality did a mouse roundup and the mx518 outperformed the g5 hands down.

I just upgraded from a $5 foam pad to a "Allsop"?? hard pad. it's about $16 at compusa. I really like it. has more fluid control than foam. I might replace the feet on my logitech mx518 mouse soon.

Xtrac pad is what I use too and it's the best. Once you go with the XT you'll never go back.

i like circular mousepads, do any major mousepad manufacturer's create circular ones?

just opened my ratpadz XT , loving it , reminds me of my original ratpad from years ago

- very well made, thick / heavy with round smooth edges
- 9 slip resistant dots on the underside
- made in the USA and [H]

whats not to love ! :D

Just got my Ratzpad XT and agree with the points Hellomcfly made. Also got a G7 mouse to replace my mx1000 (still good but wearing out tho) and its really a world of difference imho from before. Lot's more response with the XT pad on either mouse. Has a good solid feel to it, and the feet on the pad haven't slipped at all so far. I like it.
FYI, i did see a few circular mousepads on amazon, but didn't note the manufacters. So we know there's a few out there somewhere..lol

I got my Archetype today, and I must say it's amazing. I love it tons. It's a very good looking mouse pad but it preforms even better then it looks. The ability to choose between smooth and rough surfaces is nice, since I thought I liked rough better but smooth is appealing more to me now. It's 100 times better then just the table... :D

So I've had a few nights of various gaming on my new XT and really like it. I can't complain about it at all. I use a G7 with it and it's all slick responsiveness from what I can tell. It's well worth it's cost as far as I'm concerned. Let's see how long it holds up though of course.

Is their really a reason to use a mousepad now?

I have several desks... Two are pure black and I have no need to use a mouse pad...

For the others, I notice no difference on my newer optical and laser mice with and without a mousepad. That includes gaming mousepads.....

I've tried cardboard, but it sucked.

I hate the look of a mousepad. It limits your mouse movement space, and sometimes moves when you move your mouse.

I use two G5s, two Creative Fatality 1010's (yes, they suck), a kensington laser wireless, a microsoft intellimouse explorer 3.0, and a microsoft basic optical.

I only need to use mouse pads on the intellimouse and the basic optical.

Best thing I did for my pcs was not use a damn mouse pad.

Back