Mouse with default 500Hz polling rate or more

XoR

Gawd
my A4Tech something mouse is very very very old now, was after few severe button operations and frankly it irritates me because it is rather jittery, especially when mouse pad is older than few month. So I use it on my desk which is not very nice for desk... So I decided to change it to something else, preferably much better and that doesn't need me to use it on raw desk.

Nice thing about this particular mice was that it have 500Hz polling rate without needing to use any driver installation. I just plug it in and have 500Hz, nice and simple. Would like something like that with new mouse too. I would not complain if it had only 500Hz that way and 1000Hz only after driver installation but ofcourse if it had 1000Hz then it would be better.

Second issue: Laser or optical? Which is less jittery?

I am considering Logitech G400s. Is it 1000Hz out of the box or does it have 125Hz without drivers?

I think the G700 is 500 out of the box. I know for a fact after driver install you can put it to 1000.

I own 2 G700's (not the newer S). one for home, one for work. I never use it cordless at home though, at work I use it cordless here and there. What's great about the g700 is that all custom button settings and DPI settings are saved to the onboard memory of the mouse.

Hmmmm strange. I don't have logitech drivers installed on my work computer but I just used a poll rate checker and found my mouse to be 1000Hz. I did set up a custom buttons on this mouse at home before I brought it to work and I know I set it up 1000Hz, so I am guessing that the polling interval setting is also saved to the mouse.

Sweet.

mouse_capture.PNG

I ordered Logitech G502
It supposedly have best mouse sensor evar and looks rather sharp.

I wonder why mouse reviews never state what polling rate mouse have out-of-box and which programmed settings work without installing mouse software...

Back