mouse styles?

darkpark

Gawd
I'm looking for a gaming mouse and I have been reading some old threads here to find information on gaming mice. Whilst reading some threads, I got confused with these mouse holding styles or whatnot. What is the "palm" or "claw" style?
I'm using a Logitech G5 now, but it doesn't feel right or comfortable to me. I prefer to rest my wrist (or the bottom edge of my palm) on the mouse pad and only use the tips of my fingers to manipulate the mouse and buttons. So which mouse would fit me?
I don't need a top of the line model, but a decent gaming mouse. I was looking at the Logitech G9X, but i'm not sure about it.

best thing you can do is go to the store and hold the mice to see which ones feel comfortable to you. you use a "claw" type grip. the G9 and G9x are perfect for people that prefer claw type grips. i have large hands and prefer the palm-style grip so it's difficult for me to find comfortable mice (that fill my hand). right now i'm using the razer deathadder and it works fairly well for me.

I'm definitely the "claw" grip type of person so i took a gamble and scooped up a G9X at a local best buy. boy! this is perfect, at least as far as comfort/feel goes. from here on, i'll just play with the settings and i think that i'll be good. i also took off the first cover and put on the slimmer one. this mouse feels very, smooth, comfortable, and quick. i'm glad that i got this.

Nice! It's a great mouse. I also prefer the narrower grip.

Back