Mouse similar to g9x?

Knil

Limp Gawd
My g9x mouse is starting to die on me, and I am looking for a similar mouse to replace this one, because it looks likes logitech doesn't make them any more. I love this mouse as a claw grip gamer and while it didn't have the best sensor out there it had the best shape for me. Is there anything similar out there?

Thanks!

My SO bought a Corsair M65 and the overall shape is very similar, though it is a bit taller. I use to run a G9x with fingertip for several years, but the M65 it too tall for me; I'd be willing to bet it would be nice for claw grip though.

Came here to ask the same thing. My last G9X died and I don't want to fork out $200 on eBay for one. I've since tried a few: Naga, Mamba, and g700s. I haven't found a replacement yet. Going to pick up the Ouroboros and m65 next to give them a try.

As a fellow claw gripper, I have 2 M65's and I love them.

On another note, G9's are going for $200?

I just moved from the g9x to a steelseries rival. Fits a palmer's hand perfectly and the customizable lightning is a nice touch. I seriously, seriously miss that weighted dual mode scroll wheel. The rival also only has two modes of changing the CPI on the fly as opposed to the g9x's five. And you can't change the weight on it and it's super light, which I prefer but, oh man... what was I thinking? If the g9x had a better sensor Idve never left it!

Anyone know why they discontinued it? Didn't make a refreshed version? g10x? g9x2, c'mon! I know the decision wasn't made because of poor sales.

Short Answer: There isn't one.

However, Frys still has a few G9X's for sale.......

My Gamdias Hades was easy enough to get used too, I will say this though, I won't touch another Roccat mouse again....

The DeathAdder and SteelSeries Sensei worked very well for me after moving on from my old G9 which I loved.

I honestly don't know wtf Logitech was thinking here, to discontinue the G9/G9X. Gripless G9/x was my favorite mouse of all time, and I've seen plenty of photos of cyberathletes using that setup as well.

I don't know what I'm going to do when I wear out my current one. But I'm currently shopping for a new mouse for work (hate my Razer Orochi), so I might just get a CM Storm Spawn to give it a try. Seems like a downgrade, but what can you do.

I've been through 3 Razer mice btw, and I'm just fed up with them at this point. The tracking and movement never felt as smooth as the G9/x, and the rubberized coating gets nasty as hell within months.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I knew I should of stocked up on those $35 cod g9x....

Yeap, bought 4 of them at that price and surprisingly haven't had to crack any open yet. Still using my original G9X although the G9 has been demoted to guest computer use.

i tried out the cm xornet and the mouse itself feels good, but the tracking just doesn't feel right to me. I like how the sensor on the g9/g9x is right over my index finger

I had a g9x for the longest time. It finally died after giving me some good years of use. I just picked up today the new Logitech G502. While def beefier than the g9x, it has more programmable buttons, a 12k DPI setting and a very nice feel the grip. I can still "Crimp" the feel the of the mouse, just as I used to the g9x.

Best Buy has plenty of them, Fry's did not have them. But I did see at my local Fry's (Seattle) a g9x.

The new Corsair M45 has one of the best sensors on the market and I've read a few people that loved the G9X series are really happy with it.

Last edited:
The new Corsair M45 has one of the best sensor's on the market and I've read a few people that loved the G9X series are really happy with it.
For people looking for superior reliability and precision in regards to tracking the M45 is indeed a good contender.

I would say the Corsair M45 or M65 is probably the way to go.

I honestly don't know wtf Logitech was thinking here, to discontinue the G9/G9X. Gripless G9/x was my favorite mouse of all time, and I've seen plenty of photos of cyberathletes using that setup as well.

They were thinking the cost ratio for the G9x series was too much. It had more issues than other mice, was harder/more expensive to support and replace, and didn't sell nearly as well as their other models. There was also growing competition in that market and it just didn't make as much business sense for them to continue with it. That does not proclude them from coming out with another option at some point though.

Alienware TactX Mouse. Its basically a rebranded G9/G9X. Can be had at Dell for ~$50 or less when its on sale.

I've decide to pick up a M45 and I like it mostly. It's a bit bigger than the g9x with the precision grip, but it's feels nice in the hand. The one thing I dislike though is how sensitive the right mouse button is. I've had to slightly change how I hold it, so I don't randomly activate it. I do have to say the optical sensor is way more accurate than the g9x lazer ever was.

I picked up a m65 and the Ourboros. The Razer was probably about the same size as the g9x with the small grip but I just didn't like the feel. I ended up keeping the m65. It's a lot better, similar in size to the g9x's larger grip. I prefer the smaller grip. So the search continues. I will say, if Razer made a mouse the same size and shape as the Naga without the side buttons, that would be the one that I get. Unless by some miracle Logitech brings back the g9x :(

This is sooooo messed up. I am in the same boat. My G9x has served me faithfully over the past few years, and it's dying now. I've about worn down all the grips, except the last sandpapery one, and the buttons are starting to get iffy.

What am I to do when it truly dies. :(

This is sooooo messed up. I am in the same boat. My G9x has served me faithfully over the past few years, and it's dying now. I've about worn down all the grips, except the last sandpapery one, and the buttons are starting to get iffy.

What am I to do when it truly dies. :(

Pray they release a new one with the G502 sensor. I'm hoping they do.

I had my G9 that I bought here a few years back that started having double click issues so I picked up a G400 and used it for about a year but missed the shape of the G9. My buddy picked up a Roccat Pure and it felt great in the hand but was a tad bigger than i liked. When I researched the Pure I saw that they were coming out with an optical version and would be 90% the size of the original Pure. I picked one up late last year and have been happy with the shape and tracking performance.

I picked up the m65 and I'm quite impressed! it's a bit longer and lower than the g9x but the tracking feels excellent.

Back