Mouse recommendations needed

Ihaveworms

Ukfay Ancerkay
It looks like my g9 is dying. The mouse no longer senses when the left mouse button is held down. It sees the initial click, but after that is doesn't see it is being held down. I have tested it on two computers, so it looks like it is dead :(.

As such, I am in the market for a new mouse. I liked the g9 with the smaller grip if that says anything and I have always used Logitech mice. I am open to others, though. I tried my friend's R.A.T. mouse at a LAN recently and liked it, but he has already returned it due to sensor issues. I would rather not deal with the same thing either. So what now are considered so good mice. Having sensitivity change on the mouse is almost necessary for me. I also liked the fact there was a button on the R.A.T. you could hold down for temporary DPI reduction. This isn't a requirement, but I did find it neat.

So what mice would you all recommend?

I had a steelseries xai for a month and I did like the mouse, but I just wished the ergonomics were a little bit better. Also the mouse went crazy on me one day causing me to lose some confidence in it. I had a MX revolution and had been missing the wireless from that but wanted a mouse that could still be a gaming mouse and I came upon the Razer Mamba. Yes its expensive, but damn is it a good mouse. I immediately started doing better in fps, I can turn the DPI up so high and still get very nice aim with it, I have it currently set at 4200dpi and that seems perfect for me in CS Source. It has 2 buttons right near your right finger to change the sensitivity up and down on the fly and the thing is so comfortable. Also you can plug it in and use it as a wired mouse if you want, or you can use it as a wireless mouse. Or if you are using it as a wireless mouse and the battery is dying on you, you can just plug it in and keep going. It really does seem like the perfect mouse out there.

There's a ton of choices out there for you, the Xai isn't really one because you said you liked the smaller grip of the G9... The G9x may suit you well, but other smaller mice to consider: Zowie EC2, Razer Salmosa, Speedlink Kudos (I think it has the same sensor as the Xai/G9x), and there's two new mice, one from Gigabyte and another from TT Esports (Thermaltake) that are small and use an optical engine (so probably a safe choice).

Even though the mamba has a totally different grip style, I seem to have a desire to try it out. Especially seeing as it can do both wired and wireless.

Even though the mamba has a totally different grip style, I seem to have a desire to try it out. Especially seeing as it can do both wired and wireless.

You can grip it a few different ways, either with just like a claw grip if your hand is big enough, or just palm the thing.

One of the things I am worried about it though is razer quality. I have never owned one of their mice and I have heard some negative feedback about them.

One of the things I am worried about it though is razer quality. I have never owned one of their mice and I have heard some negative feedback about them.

I recently bought a Blackwidow Ultimate mechanical keyboard of theirs and I loved the thing so much that it was a big influence in me choosing to go with the Mamba for my mouse. All their products I have definitely feel very solid and I hope will last years to come.

I just read the Mamba uses the phillips twin-eye sensors. That is a pretty big turn off for me. Does anyone else have some suggestions? I guess a g9x is fine, but I just kinda want something different. It isn't a bad mouse, just wouldn't mind for a little bit of change.

Why mess with a winning formula? I have had my G9 now for more than two years and still as good as the day I bought it. I fully intend on purchasing a G9x if my G9 ever fails me.

I was browsing this sub forum because I've got the exact same problem. My G9 is very flaky about detecting when the left click is held down. It makes swiveling cameras in a game and working on anything outside of gaming a huge hassle. My right click also does it a little.

I'm 1 month out of the 3 year warranty. I'm thinking of trying another company, because I've been wanting 1-2 more buttons.

That's about the biggest, heaviest mouse on the market right now. You may very well not like it if you prefer a smaller mouse.
My first was a MX510, so the sizes are similar. I liked how the g500 had 3 thumb buttons. I have always wanted more.

Just had my Razer Copperhead mouse take a dive on me this last week.
Had the mouse about 1 1/2 years. Worked great until last week. Did the damndest thing.
I could easily left and right click anywhere in the start menu to start up programs, but once I had a window opened up i couldnt click on anything. Had to use keyboard shortcuts to get around. Couldnt even click on anything on my desktop.
Thought most of the week i had a registry problem till I swapped out mice.
Nope... was my Copperhead. But up till that moment I loved everything about my Razor mouse.

Back